PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Blossom1212
03-04-16, 17:55
Hi all! This is the first time I've ever posted in a forum am usually just reading what others have put and never daring to actually post.
I've suffered from anxiety and panic since I was a teenager and an now 40. Have had medication for the past 17 years in the form of seroxat which I think was very popular in the late 90s. Am still taking it but have made the scary decision to be weaned off it as I don't think it's been helping me that much. Dr has reduced my dose and will be complementing it with sertraline until I can totally transfer onto it. Anyone have any experience of this or if sertraline has been helpful with panic? Thanks for any info or advice :D

venusbluejeans
03-04-16, 18:01
Hiya Blossom1212 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

helloworld
03-04-16, 23:56
Hiya,

I am taking sertraline for panic disorder. It was brilliant for me.... Also doing mindfulness meditation to try and relax which i think is also helpful... Feeling ok these days bit worried about whether I can, or should, try and come off the meds.

Hope you find the site helpful!

Blossom1212
05-04-16, 19:42
Hi helloworld!
Thanks for replying.
That's great that the sertraline works! I hope it has the same effect for me. Would be great to feel normal ish all the time!
I'm feeling quite positive about starting it
Thanks

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Forgot to ask...how long have you been taking it?

Westmidschris
05-04-16, 20:37
Hi terri pm me if fancy a chat or comfort and you blossom

mikeyb
25-09-16, 21:10
Hey Blossom,

May I ask how you have got on with the switch to Sertraline? I think we may have similar circumstances, I'm 39 and was put on Seroxat in late 90's.

It was a helpful for a while, but not so much in last few years and I've been cross tapering to Sertraline.

Cheers,

Mike