PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

Symbiont
03-04-16, 22:28
Hey, everyone.

My name is "Tom".

Since February, I have been experiencing severe anxiety and panic attacks, which over recent weeks have grown worse and have led me to not able and live or enjoy my life.

I've come across this website before searching for answers and so tonight thought I would finally join.

Nice to meet y'all.

venusbluejeans
03-04-16, 22:33
Hiya I Am Tom and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Symbiont
03-04-16, 23:30
Thank you. :)

helloworld
04-04-16, 00:09
Hi tom,

I have panic disorder which developed into borderline agoraphobia last year.... Just wanted to say that there are lots of things you can do to get better... I am by no means back to "normal" but feel way better now thanks to drugs and some mindfulness stuff.

Hang in there.... And hope you find this site useful... I certainly have done.

23fish
04-04-16, 00:18
Have you read any of Claire Weekes' books? They are a bit old fashioned but have brilliant advice about how to deal with panic attacks, It WILL get better x

domhickandtarry
04-04-16, 00:25
Hello,

My name is Georgia and I joined this forum to see if others feel like I do.

I don't think I have social anxiety or depression, but I find it hard to find someone who I can talk to in person who won't just think I'm playing up for attention.

I don't know if I feel sad or sleepy or unmotivated, but sometimes I really can't shake these types of feelings, and other things, which are routinely described as symptoms of depression/anxiety/etc.

Should I go to a doctor? I don't want to waste their time, (what if this is normal for everyone?) and I don't know what I would say if I did.

Thanks for any advice in advance,

G