PDA

View Full Version : Scared.

Symbiont
03-04-16, 23:32
I have been having panic attacks since my first one in February, which was triggered by not being able to swallow. I had smoked a lot the night beforehand however, and tonsillitis was going around.

At some points I have managed to control the panic attacks and anxiety, and felt like I was on the mend.

But this week it has reached it's worst so far, causing my head to feel like it is going to explode during the panic attacks, making me feel like I'm going to choke when I swallow food, causing me to think that I am going to die constantly, like I will not wake up when I go to sleep, or that I have throat cancer due to smoking too much (I have had sore throat on and off for about six weeks now, but have been told by the doctor it is only inflamed).

I have lost count how many times I have either been to hospital or had to call the ambulance out because of these panic attacks. I really want to believe I will be okay and have a long-time ahead of me, but these constant panic attacks and worsening anxiety has turned me into such a wreck that I feel like I cannot live my life any-more. Every single sudden weird feeling in my body causes panic attacks, I find it hard to swallow sometimes which makes me feel as if I cannot breathe, and sometimes I just feel like my breathing is just going to randomly stop. :weep:

summer82
04-04-16, 03:25
I'm sorry, that sounds awful. Panic attacks are so frightening, you know they're not life threatening, yet when you're having one all logic flies right out of the window. Are you seeing anyone about it or been prescribed anything to help?

Symbiont
04-04-16, 08:55
It really is. Exactly, that feeling like you're going crazy, or die, is absolutely unbearable. I have on, off, been prescribed on fluoxetine, but that seems to make the anxiety a lot worse, and has even caused that lump in throat feeling that gives you the sensation you're about to choke.

I'm going to the doctor's again today about it as the not being able to swallow food in fear I choke is really concerning me.

Thank you for the reply. :)

GingerFish
04-04-16, 11:23
So sorry you are going through this. I know exactly how you feel and I went through this exact stage when I first got panics years ago and also when I had my worst setback ever last year. I too felt like I was constantly on the verge of dying and could have put a bet on it because I was that convinced it was true and not just anxiety, I lost weight from not eating and I either felt nothing but panic and anxiety or just extreme spaciness which didn't keep the panic away for long.

Good luck with the docs today and keep us updated. Have you not been offered any therapy or referrals to self help groups or anything like that?

Symbiont
04-04-16, 13:13
So sorry you are going through this. I know exactly how you feel and I went through this exact stage when I first got panics years ago and also when I had my worst setback ever last year. I too felt like I was constantly on the verge of dying and could have put a bet on it because I was that convinced it was true and not just anxiety, I lost weight from not eating and I either felt nothing but panic and anxiety or just extreme spaciness which didn't keep the panic away for long.

Good luck with the docs today and keep us updated. Have you not been offered any therapy or referrals to self help groups or anything like that?

It's really reassuring knowing I am not the only one going through this, thank you. I am waiting to see the doctor as I type this so I will be posting again soon.

God, even in the,waiting room, I'm thinking constantly to myself, "What happens if I collapse here, will anyone be able to help?" This is torture. :weep:

Rioblu
04-04-16, 13:27
Hi, I can really relate to this. I was only last week that i woke up with huge anxiety, i wasnt sure why but it went in to absolute over drive. I have a tightness in my throat and even breathing air through my mouth made me feel like someone was sticking their fingers down my throat and i was sick several times.. its so so frightening, here if you ever need to chat x :hugs:

Symbiont
04-04-16, 19:15
Hi, I can really relate to this. I was only last week that i woke up with huge anxiety, i wasnt sure why but it went in to absolute over drive. I have a tightness in my throat and even breathing air through my mouth made me feel like someone was sticking their fingers down my throat and i was sick several times.. its so so frightening, here if you ever need to chat x :hugs:

Thank you so much. :hugs:

I have only just come back from the doctor's. They gave me penicillin for my throat since not being able to swallow is a major factor. I also was given something for calming me down; Buspirone. But because I have to take Fluoxetine, and Risperidone, I have to find out if I can mix them together.

When I got home I tried to eat a sandwich, had to chew it to the point it was mush, and still struggled to swallow it... This is actually a nightmare.

Arran7225
04-04-16, 20:44
Hi Tom...

I suffer with the lump in the throat, It sucks! is difficult as it is i have to just ignore it and every other anxiety symptom i get which makes me panic. Slowly but surly they all leave!

Hold on in there.... Are you getting any help? or doing anything to actively help your self? :)

Arran

Symbiont
04-04-16, 23:02
Hi Tom...

I suffer with the lump in the throat, It sucks! is difficult as it is i have to just ignore it and every other anxiety symptom i get which makes me panic. Slowly but surly they all leave!

Hold on in there.... Are you getting any help? or doing anything to actively help your self? :)

Arran

It really does. I try to ignore it by doing things I like, playing video-games, drawing, going for walks, but sometimes the anxiety manages to push through and win.

I am hoping to get some help. But as mentioned above I do try to still get on with things I enjoy doing.

tommy1982
05-04-16, 00:47
this is a period of general anxiety you are going through, its going to ****en suck but at the end of it all you will be ok.

you are not in any danger, it will feel at times like its not anxiety and its something that can hurt you we all obsess constantly about that

its so so horrible the feeling day to day, but just make yourself as comfortable as you can try do things, its something some of us have to go through in life

the swallowing is also very very common, try find soft foods your not afraid to eat. dont be surprised if you obsess about not eatting enough, try eat when you can what you can, its extremely hard to starve and takes months, so just keep constantly reassuring yourself I know this probally your pattern at the moment.

Symbiont
05-04-16, 18:48
this is a period of general anxiety you are going through, its going to ****en suck but at the end of it all you will be ok.

you are not in any danger, it will feel at times like its not anxiety and its something that can hurt you we all obsess constantly about that

its so so horrible the feeling day to day, but just make yourself as comfortable as you can try do things, its something some of us have to go through in life

the swallowing is also very very common, try find soft foods your not afraid to eat. dont be surprised if you obsess about not eatting enough, try eat when you can what you can, its extremely hard to starve and takes months, so just keep constantly reassuring yourself I know this probally your pattern at the moment.

Thank you for the reassurance. :) The horrible thing is this all stemmed from a bad throat in the first place, almost two months later and the panic attacks and anxiety are getting worse.