PDA

View Full Version : Skipped Heart Beats and Topical steroids/Quitting Smoking

CofRed
04-04-16, 02:46
I am 29 years old. I used to drink but I quit when about a year and half ago, when I got my very first episode of the dreaded PVCs.

I went to my cardiologist and did all sort of tests (echo, stress, carotid, holter), and was told that I could basically climb a mountain if I wanted to. That was very reassuring.

It was my last semester at university and I graduated which greatly reduced my stress. I managed my pvcs and would occassionaly get a tiny blip in my chest which I didn't mind really.

I also have psoriasis for which I apply number of topical creams and ointments. Last week, I restarted using a lotion called, Clobex, which I had quit a while a go and boom, my pvcs resurfaced.

Also, last week when I got a pvc episode I decided I am going to try quitting smoking again and it's been a week since I am smoke free. I would like to mention that about 4 months ago, I tried quitting smoking, I was nicotine free for about a month, but my pvcs were just off the chart. So I took up smoking again which reduced my palpitations. Even this time, after quitting smoking, I am having long bouts of PVCs but I am determined.

Could topical steroids cause irregular heart beats? Could it be that my heart gets irritated? but how though, I can't make that connection. All I know is that was one thing I did differently since last week. And also quitting smoking increased my anxiety which causes lots of pvcs.

Has anyone here experienced increase in PVCs after quitting smoking?