PDA

View Full Version : GP's

dmc1892
04-04-16, 12:42
hi after a recent few episodes of dizziness and feeling nauseated which lead to me having panic attacks and anxiety , i went to two gp's one was quite thorough and one jjst said it was anxiety and never checked me. but none of them did an ECG one of them only checked my pulse and blood pressure is that enough to rule out any heart problems?

Fishmanpa
04-04-16, 12:51
There are a couple of things that stand out as to the reasons why. You have panic attacks and anxiety for one and you're 25. Unless it's a genetic defect (which it isn't) there would be no reason to do the EKG.

I saw you asking about going privately but I'm afraid it would just be expensive reassurance that wouldn't convince you in the long run. Treating the real issues (anxiety) is the way to treat the symptoms associated with it.

Positive thoughts

dmc1892
04-04-16, 12:56
thanks for the reply, i have had an ecg before over a year ago and it came back fine but i feel like i needed the extra reassurance as my anxiety and panic have came back out of the blue, but with the new synptoms of nausea and dizziness.

i know im just being ridiculous but i'm struggling just now at work with it , i seem to relax a lot more when im home.