PDA

View Full Version : heart attack helll

tiredofthis14
04-04-16, 15:21
hi everyone

im 25 f overweight (addressing this) and smoke ( again addressing this)
iv been going threw exstreme aniexty for few weeks now under local crisis team. the past three days iv had intense jaw pain on left side and pain down left arm im utterly convinced its a heart attack no other symptoms
my family are like here we go again
but i genuinly believe im going to drop dead on aaniexty pages where they do aniexty vs heart attack is says heart attacks have jaw and arm pain...i have both!

Fishmanpa
04-04-16, 15:33
This is your fear du jour as almost all your posts are about your heart. In the time you've been on the forum, has your fear come true?

The bottom line from your history is the medical professionals have ruled out heart disease. You're 25 and while continued use of tobacco, poor diet and sedentary lifestyle will cause problems later in life, you can address them now and remove that risk. Treating your anxiety will truly be beneficial as you've lost at least a year of your life already worrying about this.

Positive thoughts

tiredofthis14
04-04-16, 16:15
im actually currently on a diet and have lost im not nearly as sedatary and im giving up smoking with help from gp
im also currently undergoing a transition from medication and awaiting therapy

normally my worries revolve around dvt pulmonary emobilism or sudden death syndrome
im not very sure on heart attacks except i know they cause arm and jaw pain which i have both of and am petrified

Fishmanpa
04-04-16, 17:03
I'm old enough to be your Dad so forgive me for speaking like a parent but... Sorry kiddo... Your response is just an attempt to validate your irrational fears. You're t.w.e.n.t.y. f.i.v.e. That alone is enough to dismiss this. If you really were in distress, you wouldn't be posting here and waiting for replies I assure you!

I have heart disease, have had two heart attacks, bypass and stents AND I have angina. my 1st HA I had left arm pain so bad I couldn't even use the arm! Again, you wouldn't be posting and waiting for responses if it were sinister, but if you're that concerned, call you doctor.

Positive thoughts

tiredofthis14
05-04-16, 14:26
i apreciate your response and what your saying

i just wanted to know if it normal to get jaw and arm pain with aniexty
iv looked threw posts and cant see anyone else say it
and all the aniexty pages use them symptoms to say aneixty doesnt cause this heart attack does
i had a paramedic last night he done ecg was normal but he said it doesnt rule out heart attack only a blood test does but then said he didnt feel need for me to have it done so i was likeo ok im no more reausred then before u cmae

Fishmanpa
05-04-16, 14:32
Stress causes all sorts of physical issues. TMJ causes jaw pain, headaches etc. (you may be jaw clenching or doing it in your sleep) and stress causes muscle aches and fatigue. So yes, I would say that for some, it's a normal manifestation of their anxiety.

Positive thoughts

tiredofthis14
05-04-16, 14:34
thank you i always thought an ecg would show a heart attack now i know it doesnt its just made it worse

Worrywonka
05-04-16, 23:35
And ecg can show a heart attack.. One thats in progress, itcan also show signs of heart disease. It's highly unlikely that you had a heart attack. But for your peace of mind see a cardiologist and have a full screening.. Not only will this help you calm, but you can also question your doc about heart issues and any concerns you have. 2 years ago one night i was having terrible chest pains at night left arm felt tingly and weird.. I was convinced i was having a heart attack.. I rode it out the whole night terrified that i hada heart attack and in the morning went to a cardiologist telling him what happened.. Hadan ecg.. Ultrasound..bloodtest..he said i was fine, no heart issues. After that visit i have still had anxiety relaxed symptoms which i thought werea heart attack.. But i remember my visit and calm down. So have that screening done.. Talk to your doc for your peace of mind, im sure you will be just fine. And quit smoking! :)

tiredofthis14
06-04-16, 06:28
thank you for your reply iv had lots of tests done in past bloods ecgs holter 24 hr ecg all came bk fine my doc says now no more tests I just struggle necause I feel like jaw and arm pain must be heart related I always thought that ecg picked up heart attack but the paramedic said not always which has only fueled the fire :( surely its been six days now itd be obvious

Josh1234
06-04-16, 16:45
you could very well have a strained muscle.

tiredofthis14
06-04-16, 17:25
knowing me I probly have it started calming down tonight then my pulse shot right up for no reason arghhhh I hate aniexty

Worrywonka
06-04-16, 23:54
It might be joint or muscle pain. Does it hurt when you are in a certain position.. Or is it a general nagging pain? Sometimes sleeping in a bad position can strain muscles..also anxiety causes muscles to strain. If its beeb going on for 6 days pretty sure it isnt a heart attack. Its good you had those tests done. I think whats really important now is finding ways to deal witg stressand anxiety.. Spending time to calm and breath.. Maybe a short walk. And try get some quality sleep.. It cando wonders. And lastly..smoking supressed your immune system.. So try quit as soon as you can.

tiredofthis14
07-04-16, 08:21
thank you for your response nothing makes it better or worse it eased a little last night but woken up my jaw hurts abd feels really tight and pain down arm bad it scaring hell out of me

charlzzzclark
08-10-16, 00:03
Hi,

I'm having the exact same symptoms, slight sharp chest pains, pain in left arm and neck and sometimes back! been happening for 7 months, I'm 23 and it's really getting me down! I've been docs, who told me that people like me drain the NHS 😞😞😞 I have also called an ambulance who did an ecg and said it was all anxiety. I seem to get attacks of this... where I'm fine for a few months then it all starts up again 😑 So fed up

nomorepanic
08-10-16, 00:11
chest pain is common with anxiety and if you have been checked out then you need to accept it is anxiety causing it

Sam Winter
08-10-16, 00:56
As Nicole just said, chest pain is common with anxiety and your jaw could well be clenching too much ect. its been 6 days I'm sure something would of happened plus I'm sure you wouldn't have much time to type out stuff if you were having one because it tends to cripple your whole arm and you get knot like pains tightening in the centre of your chest, my dad had a heart attack at 47 because of heart disease, smoking, alcohol, and top much saturated fat, trust me you're young, if heart attacks are a concern to you then you have time to do things now that will prevent one in the future :)

bartin
08-10-16, 20:37
Severe anxiety can cause very similar symptoms as heart attack including chest pain, shortness of breath and pain radiating to the jaw and down the left arm.

This is so typical that it has it's own name: heart anxiety neurosis.
http://www.ehealthstar.com/conditions/heart-anxiety-neurosis

Jaw pain and arm pain can also result from muscle knots in the upper back muscles, for example, due to forced posture during sitting.