PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Rubymegan
04-04-16, 18:11
I am newish to this site. I am having a very hard time currently with anxiety and depression. I am five weeks into taking seroxtat again and waiting for that day when the horrible side effects mostly disappear and I begin to feel like my old self. I've taken it before for many years and it worked well for me. However before christmas I made an unwise decision to come off it. I did it with the doctor's knowledge and did it over 8 weeks. However within a few weeks of not taking it everything snowballed and here I am back at square one. A year ago I lost my job after 30 years although I didn't actually take VR until September last year. My mum passed away three weeks after losing my job so there has been a lot of stressful events over the last two years. I lost my dad at the beginning of 2014. I have been unable to find another job despite trying very hard in the last 6months. Money is beginning to get tight so there is a lot of stress in my life currently. My husband is very supportive but I am finding getting through the day really tough.

venusbluejeans
04-04-16, 18:16
Hiya Rubymegan and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
05-04-16, 15:18
Good morning Rubymegan. Reading your post I simply wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss and that I'm grateful your spouse is so supportive. For too many of us we are forced to suffer silently. In my situation, I kept my problems from my family. This lead to me depending on myself, which is okay, to a point. It wasn't until I learned to bring others in that I found real relief. So I wish you the best and here at NMP you will find support from many like minded people.

Rubymegan
05-04-16, 18:03
I am sorry to hear about your situation too. The problem with anxiety and depression is it is so isolating so that even when you do share with others it only seems to make a difference temporarily. However I am looking at this site everyday and hope to benefit from it as well as support others. Have been to the doctor today as I felt so low while I am still adjusting to the melds and she is going to refer me for some counselling as I think I need that as well. Had another bad day today but by the evening I usually feel a little brighter.

Blossom1212
05-04-16, 19:54
Hi rubymegan
I'm also taking seroxat for anxiety/depression. I have been taking it for 17 years and did come off it once but felt like I'd descended into a black hole. Not sure whether this would have righted itself eventually but couldn't wait to find out and went back on it again. It took me about 8 weeks of gradually feeling better each day. That was 10 years ago I'm finding now though that I still get a lot of anxiety with it so am trying out sertraline after reducing the seroxat.
Feel free to get in touch
Sarah

Westmidschris
05-04-16, 20:36
I'm here to listen or help comfort etc