PDA

View Full Version : Leukemia fear and dry mouth

Clarice1
04-04-16, 21:29
Hello, I am new to posting here,

My health anxiety started a few years ago when I was diagnosed with cancer in my 20s, thankfully that is in remission and weirdly I dealt with that all fine, however since then I have obsessed about other cancers, you name it, breast cancer, lymphoma and now leukemia.

It started with tonsillitis that didn't clear up with penicillin, a second antibiotic didn't work (even though the bacterial infection was sensitive to it according to the lab) and now five weeks later just started more antibiotics.. so I start googling (always my downfall), I have been really tired recently, persistant infection, swollen lymph nodes, I have completely convinced myself I have leukemia.. had blood tests this morning, gp is concerned something is going on..

It's now half nine at night, I hope someone would have told me by now if I had blood cancer, I have read people are usually told the same day, going out of my mind with worry, dry mouth, anxious state, no idea how I even made it to work today.. I also have sore muscles, I imagine from anxiety..

Does anyone else get this fear? I am struggling a bit,

Thank you,

Claire

Annoyed
04-04-16, 21:48
I got a work up for Leukemia this year. So I know what you're going through. There is a bright side though... a CBC/FBC will either tell you that you do or don't have Leukemia.

I live in the US. Typically places have a machine to do blood counts. It is typically an automated machine that can do a blood count in less than 10 minutes. I watched one work.

So... while I cannot say 100% that they would have called you with bad results, I think they would at least know by now and would have called you.

Clarice1
05-04-16, 00:00
Thank you so much for replying x

Annoyed
05-04-16, 01:02
I didn't have Leukemia by the way. I had a persistently raised WBC. So even if you get some abnormal results, just remember that they might mean nothing.

Clarice1
22-04-16, 20:34
Update - All was fine, had blood tests done and normal counts, had neck ultrasound on enlarged glands and they were fine, reactive to previous infection. Feel so relieved thought I should update :)

Worrywonka
23-04-16, 00:31
Good to hear Clarice, :)