PDA

View Full Version : I'm so stupid.

Stephenie.welch
04-04-16, 22:15
I'm 25 weeks pregnant right now. About I guess two or three months ago I noticed a ring type rash with clear skin in the middle and it didn't hurt or itch and it was slightly raised and scaly. I figured it was just ringworm.. But now I'm having really bad fatigue and sore throat and chills and I'm terrified it was a tick bite and I now have Lyme disease. I went to the Drs this morning and he have me a Lyme blood test so I will find out I about two days.. I'm so so scared I haven't been in the woods or anything and the dr didn't seem concerned about it being that and he said he'd do it for piece of mind.. It want the trademark bullseye target rash just a scaly red circle. I'm panicking so bad

countrygirl
04-04-16, 22:22
I have seen the bullseye rash on a friend who had lyme's disease and it was very very distinctive, looked just like a dart board.
So there is a good chance its nothing to do with lyme's disease. I understand your panic though as when I was pregnant a long time ago I got what looked like a german measles rash and was in a right panic until I found out that I had been tested when first pregnant to make sure i was immune and I was so it could not have been german measles!

Stephenie.welch
05-04-16, 17:15
Thank you I'm just seriously panicking I'm so scared it will kill my baby if I do. I thought if it was scaly and clear in middle it wasn't Lyme right?

helenhoo
05-04-16, 17:45
I had one recently few months back. I used canesten twice a day and it cleared up within a week but used it a week after to make sure. I was convinced it was lupis....

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Scaly and pink with clear middle about size of 10 pence.

Stephenie.welch
05-04-16, 18:42
This is what it looks like after a few months

Stephenie.welch
05-04-16, 18:43
And this

.Poppy.
06-04-16, 01:05
When I was in 6th grade I had the exact same thing. Ring-shaped, raised, scaly, itchy. I was really freaked out about an enlarged lymph node so I thought it was some kind of scary cancer symptom and my friend saw it once and thought it was lyme disease because it was a ring.

Turned out to be ringworm.

I don't think lyme itches, and I think it's typically flat, not raised. Also, I don't think it scars like it does in your picture - but that's classic ringworm. IMO that's what you have/had. But hopefully your doctor can provide some comfort.

Stephenie.welch
06-04-16, 02:15
Mine didn't itch so it has to be bad right?? ;(

Fishmanpa
06-04-16, 02:34
the dr didn't seem concerned about it being that and he said he'd do it for piece of mind.

That speaks volumes! I'm willing to place a virtual tenner that all is well :)

Positive thoughts

.Poppy.
06-04-16, 02:48
Mine didn't itch so it has to be bad right?? ;(

Not necessarily! I've had ringworm a few times (live on a farm) and it really only has itched for me if I mess with it somehow. When I was younger, I tried to cover it with makeup :blush:. I've also had it itch/grow when I tried to put a bandaid on it.

Stephenie.welch
07-04-16, 03:31
I checked online and found this and since I haven't been really anywhere risky it can't be right?

Time Interval Breakdown
Between 1992 and 1996, there were 4 cases of lyme disease in Bell County
Between 1997 and 2001, there were 3 cases of lyme disease in Bell County
Between 2002 and 2006, there were 6 cases of lyme disease in Bell County
Between 2007 and 2011, there were 1 cases of lyme disease in Bell County
Note:
Due to the fact that the CDC's data only represents confirmed cases, the actual quantity of lyme disease cases may be far greater. We estimate a total of 112 true cases of lyme disease in Bell County.

.Poppy.
07-04-16, 12:18
It would make it very unlikely, yes. You also have to be bitten by a certain kind of tick, AND it has to stay attached for 24 hours to transmit disease to you. Making it even more unlikely.

Have you looked at pictures of ringworm? Not only is it much more common, but I think you'll find it looks exactly like what you had.

Stephenie.welch
08-04-16, 05:43
Okay.. I get results but scared it wasn't accurate enough as it wasn't western blot but since I've had rash for over 3 months it would be positive by now right?? And also I keep having the flu symptoms now wouldn't that be long gone? Please answer