PDA

View Full Version : About me and ROCD

katieannexxx
04-04-16, 23:30
Hi
i have just joined the site and suffer from relationship OCD or that is what i think it is.
I had a night out on a works christmas party and ended up going back to a flat party (im a student) with 2 guys and a girl. i was really drunk and ended up going upstairs with one of the guys after he asked me(not sure why) who by the way has always just been a FRIEND from work and nothing more. he asked me to stay over as i was drunk and couldnt get home at such a late time , although i considered it, lay in the bed for about 5 seconds and then i said no and got up and got the bus home at 7 am. I felt guilt the next day and told my boyfriend who trusts me and said it was fine as i left and that was that.

2/3 weeks later i was on the bus and went past the flat and ever since i have had intrusive thoughts every day and every minute that i must have cheated and forgot. I have messaged the guy 3 times asking him if anything happened (even though i already know i did NOT cheat) and he has said no each time. If i had cheated i am sure i would have felt this obsession the day after and onwards, not weeks afterwards randomly triggered by seeing the flat..

it is completely irrational but it is ruining my life and relationship as it disrupts every happy moment in my life. I am currently on prozac and on a waiting list for CBT , which i am hoping will solve my problems as it is really getting me down and i generally feel depressed most days now.

I would love it if anyone reading has had similar issues and we could chat.

thanks!
Katie x:)

venusbluejeans
04-04-16, 23:37
Hiya katieannexxx and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: