PDA

View Full Version : Feel like i have wasted 5 years-lymphoma

Gemmal
05-04-16, 10:17
Morning all,

I have been on this forum a lot of the past four years with this constant obsession about Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Absolutely convinced myself i had it back in 2012 where i spent an absolute fortune on blood tests-chest x rays and harassed doctors for months.

I have managed to stay away from the docs for three years now but i am secretly still struggling

Of course google has not been my friend- i have been googling how long you can live with untreated lymphoma and promised myself once i get to the 5 year mark enough is enough and i have to start living my life.

i am so angry at myself for wasting four years of my 20's on an illness which i potentially dont even have.

At a total loss here :(

Beckybecks
05-04-16, 11:21
I think most of us with HA feel the same way to some extent.
I can't tell you the number of strange and wonderful diseases I've had.....the number of doctors who's time I've wasted, not to mention the money on tests. All for nothing.
Except that we can help others to realize that all this constant worrying is for nothing.
We need to spend more time researching why we feel this way and how we can recover.