PDA

View Full Version : Blood Test

turnthelighton
05-04-16, 14:34
It's me again ! Went to the doctors and described my symptoms and she sent me for a blood test which was yesterday morning. She thinks I have some sort of post viral thing.

Now I wait anxiously for the results :-(. I keep thinking that they will find something really bad like blood or bone cancer!

I keep trying to distract myself but the horrible thoughts keep coming back.

Annoyed
05-04-16, 17:25
Do not interpret the results yourself. If the doctor says you're fine, you're fine. I know CBCs like the back of my hand. I've been to a Hematologist this year.

If something is out of range, it might be normal. WBCs might be high due to post infection. Its not big deal. The doctors will know.

I actually was tested for bone marrow diseases and blood cancers this past year. I had a perpetually high WBC for a long time. I endured about ~15 different blood tests. I had 7 CBCs.

Guess what I ended up having... nothing. Perhaps a chronic sinus infection.

turnthelighton
05-04-16, 18:11
Thank you for the reply and advice. I am hoping if it was serious I would have heard today. But as you say the only one that can tell me is the doctor. Would like my arms and legs to go back to normal and not feel like I have run for miles everyday.

Annoyed
05-04-16, 19:02
The CBC/FBCs are typically automated and take about 10 minutes to get the results.

So no news is good news usually.

Female healthanxiety
05-04-16, 19:09
I worked in a surgery and generally blood tests where done within 24hours (maximum!)

If anything was urgent or just needed some medication, then I would call the patient.

The fact you've had no news back is good!

turnthelighton
06-04-16, 09:32
Thank you for your replies. I now seem to have another cold! Maybe because I am so run down.