PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a migraine aura???

turboswag
05-04-16, 15:16
A few days ago when I woke up, I went into the restroom and when I looked at the wall I noticed a small line in my vision. It was sort of like an afterimage; when I blinked, it was brought out in full contrast, however after I opened my eye again it disappeared until the next time I blinked. I covered my right eye (the line was in my left) and discovered that if I simply looked through my eye, even while blinking, the line would go away until I opened both eyes again. This caused me a great deal of panic because I had not looked at anything bright, I'd just woken up! It seemed to be sort of a "bright" black color. However this went away with 30 minutes or so and I tried to forget about it.

Then that evening it happened again, only this time in the right eye! It was the exact same thing, except maybe not quite as noticeable as the first, and went away in maybe 15 minutes.

Now, this morning upon waking up, I have the same one in my left eye again. It seems to be fading already, but it worries me that it's in the same spot. Could there be something wrong with the vessels in my eye? Or is it a migraine aura? I haven't had a headache with any of these episodes but maybe it's related to stress. . .

It's just been a single line every time, it seems to get SLIGHTLY longer as it wears on before it disappears. But it's so small, it doesn't seem like the representations of migraine auras I've seen. I'm just worried because even after excessive googling I can't find anything to describe this, or that even comes close besides an aura. I guess I should be glad that it doesn't seem to be a precursor to anything bad, but I'm still worried.

(And by the way, I had my eyes checked twice by two eye doctors this year already, and even had my retinas checked, and everything was fine. Could something serious change so quickly?)

sammie13s
05-04-16, 23:02
Yes most definatley. How old are you? X

turboswag
06-04-16, 02:11
Yes most definatley. How old are you? X

I'm 17 years old. I've only had one migraine in my life and I didn't have an aura with it:scared15:

sammie13s
06-04-16, 14:21
I'd say it is a migraine with aura. I get them but the more severe kind. It's like I'm having a stroke. I get the aura and lose feeling down one side of my body. Then I get mental confusion to the point where I can't talk or think. Very scary and horrible. Are you male or female? X

Phuzella
06-04-16, 15:12
I get aura with no massive headache . Also the numb feeling down one side.
And I get multi coloured zigzag lines in my vision.

turboswag
07-04-16, 00:33
I'd say it is a migraine with aura. I get them but the more severe kind. It's like I'm having a stroke. I get the aura and lose feeling down one side of my body. Then I get mental confusion to the point where I can't talk or think. Very scary and horrible. Are you male or female? X

I'm f :) it's just scary because I've never had anything like this, but I talked to my mom about it and she said not to worry because if it's already happened 3 times and resolved itself with no lasting effects then it's probably alright, and reminded me that I've had my eyes checked twice just this year. I'm trying not to worry