PDA

View Full Version : Skipped beats

Ellie246
05-04-16, 19:07
Hi,

I have been really struggling with anxiety and panic recently, and by far the main thing that worries me is missed heart beats. I've read loads of self help books and survivor stories, and everyone seems to say exercise is fab. I've always been fit, but let it go a bit as my anxiety has got worse as I'm scared of the feeling of my heart increasing. Anyway, I went to spin to it, and suffered lots of missed beats, with adrenaline surge in my stomach and tightness in my throat. It took everything I had to stay in the class and not go to A&E! Anyone else had this? Is it normal?! Any advice much appreciated. X

Brian123
05-04-16, 22:05
I get them usually when my heart is rested, but if you read skippys sticky at the top of the forum, he explains about working out with these dreaded things

Ellie246
07-04-16, 22:51
Thanks Brian, I have read the pinned post but still struggling to feel reassured! The next night I went for a run and had the same palpitations but with extreme pain, only for the missed beat. Can't bring myself to reconsider exercise now

Brian123
13-04-16, 20:45
Just make sure you get your doctor to check everything out first Ellie, should always make sure you get tests first to confirm that that everything is fine with your heart, then try and take it from there :)