PDA

View Full Version : Success but still feeling not quite right

katyfitz
05-04-16, 21:58
Hi everyone,
As some of you are aware I was anxious about going away to Spain at the weekend but I did it and had the best time, some symptoms I had went and sometimes I did feel anxious but it's what happens I guess.

I'm struggling to believe tho that certain parts of me and how I feel are more serious. Sorry if what I say is tmi but just want to ask for any advice,

After I go to the tojlet (number 2) I get some cramping at times and I instantly think bowel cancer. I also look at all my moles and think if I get those checked they'll come back malignant and I'm scared of bad news. I wish everyday I could live with not one negative thought but I'm just really scared in life at the moment. Does anyone have any tips on how to stop worrying and think positively?

Thanks in advance
Katy

Worried1234
06-04-16, 09:00
Hi Katy,

Personally I like statistics-whenever I think I have an illness I have a look at how low the odds are of getting it and it speaks to the rational side of my brain!

Also it helps to think that even if you did get a lot of these diseases they are certainly not a death sentence in any case.

Sounds like your holiday helped with your anxiety-perhaps try and find some more distractions back home (although being a full time mum I know it's difficult!) and see if you can take your mind off your symptoms.

Xx