PDA

View Full Version : Really freaking out circulation/heart problems

KatiePink
06-04-16, 14:14
Ok so i have been having problems with my feet for about a year gradually getting worse. They are either freezing or boiling hot!
I started to notice about 3 months ago that my feet mainly toes were bright red and a bit puffy, when i touched the red areas it would go really white immediately and stay like that for a while before returning bright red, as if there were fluid in there.

I have now noticed that when my feet are red and patchy and aching slightly if i lie down and elevate my feet above my body, they go white immediately! Like literally within a second no redness all white feet :ohmy:
I googled this and it says heart conditions causing poor circulation ect.

Also says if you have lost the hair on your feet, and i have just checked and my hairs have gone(not that they were hairy) but literally all the fine hairs i can't find any they are smooth. I'm freaking out about this i have a docs app on Friday so will be telling him.

I smoke and have done for years and years and years, i am 25 years old.
I had an ecg done about 2 months ago, they said it was normal just sinus arrhythmia, but i don't think ecg's can detect these types of things? So scared of a heart attack or something really bad

:weep:

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

I know i need to stop smoking it's scaring the hell out of me, my mum had high blood pressure since she was 20 years old, there's a LOT of heart attacks and stroke history in my family too, my granddad was 39 when he had a major stroke so i am really freaking out.

I don't feel like i can wait til Friday because i'm so scared :-( really need calming down but it's hard when my feet are like this, can anyone give me a pep talk please

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Could there be a benign cause?? Say i have poor circulation but it isn't a heart issue? as in i can change it by not sitting for long periods and doing more exercise ect is that possible?
Just want re assurance that is doesn't absolutely mean heart trouble

Fishmanpa
06-04-16, 17:38
First off breathe!

You're 25 and it's just unheard of to have serious heart issues at your age.

That being said and being one with real heart issues, you can prevent future issues using common sense. Quit smoking, eat properly and exercise regularly. There are definitely other benign things that can cause cold feet. You can wait 3 days to discuss this with your doctor.

Positive thoughts

KatiePink
06-04-16, 17:44
I had a real episode then i don't usually get that bad, i do eat very well but i don't drink no where near enough, i don't do any exercise and i smoke so i need to tackle them things and i really want to. What's the point in me sat here having a melt down about a possibly heart problem i have when i am as good as asking for one in the future by doing what i'm doing :doh: :mad:

I think there's definitely a circulatory issue, like you said i just need to BREATHE and see my doctor, hyperventilating and crying isn't going to solve much :blush:

KatiePink
08-04-16, 12:20
So i saw my GP, explained i was worried about these symptoms and described it as much as i could, he looked at my feet, pressed a but, tried to find a pulse, then said "your circulation is good" :shrug:

So i said well that's good, but how come this is happening then surely it's to do with circulation as my feet are always freezing cold, he said "it could be chilblains"

Makes me think he's not taking me seriously because i said no symptoms of chilblains, no itching, just puffy and red and they ache, then when i elevate them it goes down(circulation?)

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Good news is my FBC and Thyroid function test came back clear :D