PDA

View Full Version : Breast Cancer Concern

Dollydimples
06-04-16, 14:58
Hi,
I am a worrier by nature when it comes to my health and often panic when the slightest thing appears on my body that is not there before. So, two weeks ago I thought I felt a lump on my left breast and so went to doctors to check it out. She has now sent me on for an ultrasound and biopsy. Well, this has panicked me even more. I have since been poking and prodding at my breast and just cannot stop. I am on holiday at the moment and so have had even more free time on my hands to prod , poke, pull in different directions etc. Now I am actually feeling a swelling in my breast and it feels bigger than the other one. Part of me is sensible enough to realize that breast cancer would not grow in a week, to the point of swelling up, but the other more panicky part of me realizes that maybe it could if it was a very aggressive cancer. I am starting to make myself over this. I have this awful feeling and also the fear of a hospital visit to go through in two weeks time too. I am dreading the results. Anyone else been in a similar position and actually been able to produce lumps and bumps through their anxiety?

bartin
06-04-16, 16:28
Dolly, wait for results; you probably can't do anything to change the results now.

Josh1234
06-04-16, 16:43
Please stop poking it!

Vixster
06-04-16, 22:40
I have just been to the breast clinic to have a lump checked. I told the consultant I saw at the the hospital that I suffer from Health Anxiety and they were all so good with me. They did an Ultrasound and a biopsy. I should get the results early next week. They don't think it's anything to worry about but I will be pleased if/when the results confirm this! 90% of breast lumps turn out to be non-cancerous. It is a horrible feeling when you can't get something out of your head. Not so long ago I was obsessed with the lymph nodes in my neck and made myself really sore by prodding my neck all day.