PDA

View Full Version : Is this a panic attack??

Worried1234
06-04-16, 16:02
So I was out for lunch and then I started feeling like my head was really heavy, tight chest, a bit far away and a bit faint.

Do these sound like the symptoms of a panic attack?? It seems to have receded now...

Thanks

Xx

jamie298
06-04-16, 19:14
It sounds like it, but it could also be your heart, they both have similar symptoms. Its probably best just to get checked out by a doctor just in case. Hope I helped. :)

Worried1234
06-04-16, 19:20
Thanks Jamie-might pop down the GP and get the once over...would hope it's not my heart at my age but you never know!!

Have never had a panic attack before but past few days have been getting the tight chest/throat thing and obsessing over health

Thanks for replying

Xx

jamie298
06-04-16, 20:27
your welcome, even if you went and it is anxiety they can give you something for if you do have an attack so its probably worth it.

Kelley
08-04-16, 06:19
Sounds like a panic episode to me. Especially as you said you had been worrying over health things!! They can come on in many different forms over times and the symptoms come over you like waves after a period of worry and stress.

Kel

claire
09-04-16, 17:47
Yes, I get this, I call them mini panic attacks. Usually when I'm not comfortable in a situation. Usually social ones, like restaurants, talking one to one with someone, or even if I'm tired. It's worse if I'm tired. Do get checked over though to rule out anything else.

Worried1234
09-04-16, 18:00
Thanks for the replies all,

I did go to my GP who was lovely and gave me a thorough check to put my mind at ease. She also felt my swollen lymph node (don't ask!!) and said it was perfectly normal :-)

Haven't had any panic episodes since Thursday so am hoping this was a temporary glitch...

One thing is for sure I will never be dismissive of anyone who suffers from this in the future, it was truly awful.

xx

GingerFish
11-04-16, 11:58
Yeah it sounds like a small/moderate panic attack. You done the right thing getting a check up and I am glad your lymph node is ok! That was maybe playing on your mind for a while and fueled the panic. I know my panics went through the roof when I was worried about nodes too, which turned out to be normal. Hoping this panic was just an once off for you :)

Holds1325
11-04-16, 18:50
What you described to me is considered a "mild" panic attack compared to the ones I used to have.

I dont want to cause any fear but it might be helpful to consider anything in your life that might trigger these. For me I never had panic attacks in adulthood up to a point where they were caused by something unknown to me. I ignored them but it looks like you arent which is great.

The kind you described though is one I'd usually get and still do rarely, from lack of sleep. I'd take a few days to catch up on sleep and it usually subsides. As a former long-term anxiety sufferer I'd usually have to take more care when dealing with things like this to make sure it doesn't spike into the nightmare I used to have.