PDA

View Full Version : Ruining my life

jamie298
06-04-16, 19:11
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help / listen to my problems as they are ruining my life at the minute and I want to get them out. So in January 2015 I has a major psychotic episode where i thought i was some powerful god type thing and could do what i wanted. Since then I've had major anxiety which i have seen the doctors about who sent me to a psych and have been given a CPN, which is as good as a pile of dung.

I was put on 100mg of sertraline back in November (took them all their time to do), it's had no effect whatsoever and if anything it's gotten worse. I was also given a prescription for 2mg diazepam which they gave me 5 of, they helped a lot but then they only gave me 5 (£10 for 5 pills is stupid). ive had a couple of prescriptions since (about 3 for 5 pills to take when things are bad).

Fast forward to the past week and ive been having a load of panic attacks (average about 2 a day) which sometimes last at least an hour and i get in a state where i cant move or talk or do much of anything apart from sit there wanting to die so its over. i called the doctor on monday who gave me 5 more 2mg diazepam which have not helped in the slightest and was told to contact the cpn (they are that useless, i moved areas not far away(10 miles) but still in a different area, that i was waiting for 3 months for her to refer me to the local CPN team which still havnt contacted me and its been 2 months), so now im just an anxious mess.

I just want this to end, the nhs are absolutely useless at stuff like this, i dont understand why they are so fussy about prescribing benzodiazepines (I know they are addictive and have risks (i was a medical student until all of this happened but ive had to give it up because i cant function, so i have no future or anything because of the useless CPN) but i dont want to abuse them and would use them safely when i need them the most but nothing gets done so oh well.

Sorry about the long post but i needed to get it out, thanks for reading.

Walshy
12-04-16, 02:17
Hi Hun, I'm sorry you're going through this it sounds awful. I also have anxiety but it tends to only be bad in certain situations but mentally has made me avoid ships, walking on my own etc so I do feel your pain about it taking over your life.
In regards to medication, it sounds like you know a lot more about it then myself. I personally never picked up my anti depressants because my partner at the time told me I didn't need them so I've sort of struggled through ups and downs of it all.
What do you think would happen if you stopped it all gradually and pushed yourself into some new things/hobbies/experiences? I just think when it comes to the brain sometimes natural is best and it might just be that there's other underlying issues or stuff you've got in your head which is making it all worse. Maybe if you dealt with those things first as well as picking something crazy up that you've always wanted to do might slowly help you out maybe. I dunno everyone's different but I hope you're ok and just remember your not on your own and everything will be ok :)