PDA

View Full Version : Feels like a stone just under skin? - can anyone relate?

Velociraptor
06-04-16, 19:20
Hi guys.

Long time lurker but haven't posted on here yet.

As the title suggests, today I found a lump under my skin that feels like a tiny little stone.

It is located just above the ankle (around the top rim of a standard sock on your foot) and it is rock hard, and feels quite moveable actually. I've always heard that movable is good? It really does feel as if there is a little stone under there. It feels like it is located just under the skin.

I don't really know how I'd measure it, but it feels like it is just bit enough to be able to roll around the tip of my finger and thumb.. Sorry for being vague - I guess I could say it feels like it's small enough to get stuck under my fingernail if I was able to scratch it out.

I hate health anxiety and I am starting to freak out a little bit. I have been doing so well recently as well and can't believe this thing has got me all worried again :(

Anyway, can anyone relate to this little lump thing?

I appreciate any replies.

Thanks in advance

Fishmanpa
06-04-16, 20:05
I have one on the nape of my neck. I've had it for years! Lipoma/cyst according to my oncologists team.

Positive thoughts

Beckybecks
06-04-16, 20:37
I had a number of these. They're cysts. I had them twice on my hand and they eventually disappeared. I had one on my head and had it removed because it was a nuisance. But they're not dangerous. I've had one on my wrist for a year now but I wouldn't even bother seeing a Doctor unless it grew large.
But for your own peace of mind why not show it to your doctor so he can confirm that it's nothing to worry about.

06-04-16, 22:40
I have one on my left shin about the same place you describe. Dr said its a Lipoma.

Leslie735
07-04-16, 13:22
I have one under my ankle just as you described although mine doesn't move. Its been unchanged for over a year so I haven't fretted over it really.