PDA

View Full Version : Burning pain in legs

Mercime
07-04-16, 00:26
I have had this for over a year. From my lower back, down the backs of my legs, there is a pins and needles sensation too, and it feels like ice droplets.
Gp says it is nothing serious, and connected to lifting I had to do in the past but it feels like it is getting worse. My feet feel cold all the time.

He sent me for an xray but refused to do anything more as that came back clear, and he doesn't take it seriously, says it is linked to my depression but I'm sure it's not. I worry that I may have MS, I live alone and can't work anymore, what will I do if I have a debiltating illness? He has offered anti-depressants but i'm in pain and don't know what to do. He won't listen and my pride takes a belting every time I see him. Could these symptoms point to something more serious?

Fishmanpa
07-04-16, 00:37
Did he mention sciatica? It would coincide with lifting and your description of the symptoms match up.

Positive thoughts

Carnation
07-04-16, 02:42
Mercime,

You were kind to help me and hope I can give you some help.

I too have these feelings in my legs.
My legs feel like they are on fire and I have what feels like water running down and my feet are ice cold. I have sensations that feel like pins and needles too.
I normally have it for a week or two and then it goes away.
I have put it down to adrenalin, because I normally have the rushes in the legs.
I also get jelly legs and they feel heavy sometimes.
I have had this for over 2 years now.
The strength in my legs have not declined at all so my knowledge is telling me that it is nothing serious.
I really believe it is caused by the adrenalin.

Mercime
21-04-16, 01:31
Thank to both for reply. He hasn't mentioned sciatica, and that its muscle stiffness, he is dismissive. I hate going to see him, feel like crying when I come out. Carnation, is it really possible? I do have the feelings that my legs with buckle under me. I've felt ill for so long but try and facer it down, it gets too hard at times. You're sure it doesn't fit the pattern of ms? I won't allow myself to Google so will log off now and go to listen to music in bed. Thanks you

Josh1234
21-04-16, 05:59
get a second opinion.

Jade31
22-04-16, 01:24
Look up restless legs hun, you have all the symptoms. It's worse than not just being able to sit still. It can be terrible xx

pulisa
22-04-16, 09:07
I would definitely get another opinion from a different GP. It could well be sciatica or nerve-related but highly unlikely to be MS which has other initial symptoms. Even a physiotherapist/osteopath could give you a better opinion than your GP.

I've experienced a lot of altered sensations/ pins and needles/buzzing in my legs-often at times of extreme anxiety. GP said it was anxiety and the physio said it was a misalignment in my lower spine. I would have thought that with all the lifting you have done it would be worth getting your lower back checked out?

Beckybecks
22-04-16, 10:43
Interesting that this could be linked to anxiety / adrenaline. I've never heard this before.
I would've said sciatica or some problem in the back. Probably needing physiotherapy.
I get jelly legs when I'm in panic mode and I know that's due to adrenaline.
Maybe you need a second opinion as your Doctor doesn't sound too interested. To say it's linked to depression without giving you an explanation isn't very professional is it?

Josh1234
22-04-16, 15:05
well, if its been over a year, and nothing else too bad has popped up, then its probably not anything too serious.