PDA

View Full Version : Still concerned about Hodgkin's

Annoyed
07-04-16, 14:11
Had a lymph node for 3 months. One doctor felt it. GP dismissed it but didn't feel it. No one seems to care.

Last time I felt it it was like a grain of rice. I poked it for 2 months which is why it probably hasn't gone down. Now I haven't poked it in 5 days, but gently felt the area, and there is not lump. No not even sure its there.

Surely after 3 months I would be feeling something by now. I have no symptoms. No fatigue. No weight loss. Nothing.

But I fear its the beginning of something. Surely a node with Hodgkin's in it would grow faster.

Fishmanpa
07-04-16, 16:03
Surely a node with Hodgkin's in it would grow faster.

Surely... and don't call me Shirley :D

Positive thoughts

helenhoo
07-04-16, 16:07
I'm only saying his because I get same treatment on my posts and as an outsider for once I see frustrations others have :roflmao:

Honey you've seen doctors who've said its fine. You've established yourself that poking it doesn't help. Mine is still there from almost a year ago. Hasnt grown or shrunk but the doctor told me not too worry. I saw two or three because like you I was CONVINCED it was lymphona.

Annoyed
07-04-16, 17:50
I'm just considered that the Urgent Care (Walk-in) doctor maybe was not skilled enough or something. He said no other nodes were swollen.

But now my collarbone feels lumpier than normal and I'm just fearing the worst for no reason. I think its just the structure of my bone.

I don't know. Just randomly had a severe relapse about this fear after starting a new SSRI.

helenhoo
07-04-16, 17:56
Hey! Don't make me get cross ha! I had the exact same thought when i went. If course they're qualified! I also had a collarbone fiddle and have squidgy bits there. Promise. In a few months you'll get used to them like old friends.

Annoyed
07-04-16, 18:14
I just wish there was something that said, "If the node hasn't changed in X days, then it isn't X"

I'm so worried over a node that did nothing.

helenhoo
07-04-16, 19:19
Oh I'm the same with this freckle! But ive been there with the nodes.

Annoyed
07-04-16, 22:19
If I use three fingers like the doctor does, I cannot find it. That's super promising. I do not dare dig a finger in though.

helenhoo
08-04-16, 00:12
I did same when looking for breast lumps Id dig right in and find nodes and tissue and bits and would panic.

Ive only gone and scratched purposely at my mole which was predominantly flat now raised after scratch.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:11 ----------

I did same when looking for breast lumps Id dig right in and find nodes and tissue and bits and would panic.

Ive only gone and scratched purposely at my mole which was predominantly flat now raised after scratch.

Annoyed
08-04-16, 18:11
Ok update for me.

I cannot find the node with 3 fingers. I am able to resist the temptation of digging in. I heard Hodgkin's can wax and wane, but I don't think that really applies when the node is 5mm.

The fact that I could feel it with 3 fingers and now cannot, does that pretty much entirely rule out Hodgkins?

Fishmanpa
08-04-16, 19:02
does that pretty much entirely rule out Hodgkins?

If you allow it to, yes....

Positive thoughts

Annoyed
08-04-16, 19:56
I want to forget about it. Its so damn small. I don't know why I can't let it go.