PDA

View Full Version : Head injury turned my world upside down

Mrsmuttley85
07-04-16, 23:55
Hi,

7 weeks ago I fell backwards and hit my head on concrete. Huge egg appeared and I went to a and even, after running through the basics I was sent home. Woke up groggy the next day but went about my day. Went to lay down at 3 as I was exhausted and my vision went blurry and I was seeing double. I passed out on bathroom floor and rung for an ambulance. They couldn't find anything wrong but as I had the double vision they took me to hospital. Once there the panic attacks took hold. After being assessed and discharged I spent three full days stuck in panic mode, couldn't sleep or eat and felt like I was going to die at any minute. I phoned the doctors after 3 days and they checked me over and said it's part and parcel of head injury and I had no signs for concern.

Every day since then I've spent with a black cloud over me, I feel like I am going to die at any moment. Scared to be around my kids on there own in case I die with them. I tell my husband at night that I love him and if I don't wake to do the boys proud ect. Why am I thinking like this? Why can't I let go and understand that if nothing has happened 7 weeks later it never will. I have intrusive thoughts a lot which are really hard to deal with. I'm so scared all the time.

Not sure where I'm going with this post but I've never felt so alone :(

Mrsmuttley85
08-04-16, 11:36
Is there some where this post maybe more suited? Not sure if I put it in wrong place

Lucinda07
08-04-16, 12:43
Very sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. It must be really scary.
I don't know if the Headway charity could offer any advice/reassurance.

Mrsmuttley85
08-04-16, 14:47
That's a good idea. I know post concussion syndrome and anxiety symptoms go hand in hand, I just struggle to tell the difference between anxiety and the injury. Less then 2 months ago I was care free and enjoying life now I cry uncontrollably and everything I do is battle :(

I'll try head way, that you for your response