PDA

View Full Version : Another Lymphoma HA worry!

help-me
08-04-16, 02:22
Hi All

I have had an enlarged lymph node on the RHS of my neck, just above the colour bone for approximately 5 weeks now.

I saw a DR who ordered an US which came back as "15x3.5x10mm in size, Likely reactive in nature"

Took this back to the DR who agreed, nothing to worry about!

Theeeen my HA kicks in and says theres heaps to worry about, So i go back to DR and they order bloods again and confirm that they also all came back normal

HA kicks in again and reads the results, googles them, and compares to previous ones done in December last year

Although all values are within the reference values they have all dropped since my last test

So back to google and bam! lymphoma plagues my screen with lowered RED and WBC

to give you some context here are my results, ive included the range to which the pathology classes as normal also

December 2015
WBC 6.8 (Range 4.0 - 11.0)
RBC 5.2 (Range 4.5 - 6.5)
Platolots 280 (Range 150 - 450)

March 2016
WBC 5.0 (Range 4.0 - 11.0)
RBC 4.8 (Range 4.5 - 6.5)
Platolots 260 (Range 150 - 450)

I have sought a level of reassurance a little i guess by that if you had lymphoma your LDH would be elevated, mine is actually on the low side (being 119 when range is 120-250), which i am told there is no reason for concern if its low, just if its high, so im hoping that mine is low means a good thing?

Do you think my levels are OK, i know the DR says they are in range, but i am wondering why they have dropped

I feel that i am getting other symptoms like
-all over itching, itch somewhere, before it ends another elsewhere, very frustrating
-fatigue

but not getting
-chills/fever
-night sweats (which i am told i would be if i had it, esp after 5 weeks are large node)

Hoping the symptoms are more anxiety/stress related.

Things that are sort of helping
-Im early 30s, from what i read, and DR advise, lymphona is rare in my age group
-No family history
-No night sweats, coughing, nausea, feeling full after a little bit of food, fever or the like
-Lymph node, although raised, has not grown since US 4 weeks ago!
-Body itching can be, and has been related to anxiety

Seeking some kind of help/reassurance

thank you in advance.

Fishmanpa
08-04-16, 02:45
There's nothing there that indicates anything out of the ordinary and really, what could anyone say that holds more weight than scientific medical testing read and confirmed by a highly trained and schooled medical professional? Readings fluctuate and change on a daily basis and one can never expect the exact same result from blood work. What's important is that they're totally normal.

Positive thoughts

help-me
08-04-16, 09:23
thank you, that helps a little surprisingly

i understand fluctuations are normal but the 3 key ones i noted above all seemed to have dropped since the last, which i find strange and in turn fuels my HA

would it be a way out of whack ready, as in well below the "range" if it was something bad?