PDA

View Full Version : Brain Bleed fear

anxiousbelle
08-04-16, 13:23
So..

I've always had anxiety, but my health anxiety really kicked up a gear 4 years ago when I was on holiday. I was running full speed, and stood up quickly hitting my head hard on a massive tree branch. I cried, was dizzy, had a huge headache, but we were on holiday and did not see a doctor or anything. Anyways, I had super bad anxiety the rest of the week, but now when I think back it may have been related to the head bang. Anyway, I was not as anxious back then as I wouldve been now if that happened, and 2 weeks later had a ridiculously strong migraine and thought nothing of it. However, since then everything has gotten worse. My health anxiety over my head is terrible, nobody can even touch it, and every headache I think the worst. Im so afraid that my anxiety, and all my issues with dizziness are caused from a bleed to the brain that was never found. I am afraid that one day I will just die because the bleed will be there, and its really playing on my mind.

The spot I hit when i remember I feel a dull ache, I do not get headaches regularly. But do have bad eyesight, that occurred before this incident, but got worse since (probably just coincidence), and very bad dizziness, and constant anxiety. In my mind its something that I cannot get over.

I've talked to counsellors, but scared to bring up with doctors, over fears they will laugh me out of there.

ServerError
08-04-16, 15:51
First off, any doctor that laughs at you shouldn't be in the profession. Your doctor has a duty of care towards you, and you should expect to be taken seriously at all times. And you would be.

Secondly, your post actually states that you have anxiety. So you're clearly aware of what the real issue is. You have anxiety.

Bleeding on/in the brain is extremely serious and presents with a wide variety of symptoms. You say you're worried it's been 'missed'. Does this mean you've had medical professionals look for one? If so, you can relax unless you've been rushed to surgery immediately. Four years later, and capable of living your life as normal (except for the anxiety), to type clear, coherent posts and without any major symptoms, it's clear you don't have a brain bleed.

What needs treating, as is so often the case, is your anxiety.