PDA

View Full Version : tetanus??

08-04-16, 16:41
A few days ago I had a crisis and self harmed. Last night something weird happened, my jaw seemed to lock shut and I had difficulty getting it to relax. I am worried that I got tetanus from the blade that I used. My jaw is fine now and I'm experiencing no spasms currently but I'm still worried. Could this be tetanus or should I forget it?

countrygirl
08-04-16, 18:11
Really really you can totally forget about tetanus. LIke cancer it does not come and go and you would be dangerously ill very very quickly. The lockjaw of tetanus is a later symptom and you would already be very seriously ill.

Tension in your temporal mandibular joint ( tmj) otherwords your jaw joint can cause it to lock - its incredibly common especially in anxious people who often grind their teeth in the night or without noticing in the day plus holding your jaw tense all the time.

A good exercise is to say the work clu as in cluck but don't finsih the word and leave your tongue behind your front teeth for a minute or two. This relaxes your jaw joint and helps the tension. Do it a few times a day.
This was given to me as an exercise by a dentist.

ServerError
08-04-16, 18:26
The concern here is not tetanus.

I hope you're able to find the help and support you need with whatever issues lead you to self-harm.