PDA

View Full Version : I have been 1 week diagnosed with Anxiety, Panic Attacks and depression....still scar

shellbird77
08-04-16, 17:41
Hi all. Firstly thanks for taking the time out to read. I really don't want to.sound daft...but I'm so scared. I was diagnosed with sever anxiety, panic attacks and depression. I have Florentine pills but I still don't feel any better. I guess I'm after a little more reassurance? I don't know. I have slowly started to figure how to calm myself during panic attacks....but I still can't shake the dissociation feeling (things not seeming real), the feeling that the doctors have missed something major (tumor, cancer etc), and the numbness I am feeling and the constant ache in my neck/shoulders. My eyesight has got a lot worse over the last few weeks as well. Is this all still "normal"? How long until I get better? I need to be back to my old self for the sake of my family. I have no interest in anything and I hate it. I keep telling myself that none of what I'm feeling is real, but I feel no better. I don't go back to see my g.p until the 20th this month....I can't cope living like this until then. Am I being silly? Sorry for the long post....I'm really struggling xx

Buster70
08-04-16, 21:33
Hi , sorry you are feeling this way I know it's hard to accept you are ill but it will get better but putting time limits on when you need to feel better by just puts more pressure on your already tired and overworked mind , your family will understand as mine did , you wouldn't expect a broken leg to get better in a week so take your time to heal , I've always found I feel better when I stop trying so hard and it just passes naturally , hope you are back to your old self soon , take care

Lisah34
09-04-16, 08:37
Meds usualy take around 2-6 weeks to fully work so you still have time for them to kick in. Personally i dont take meds, dr gave me citalopram and after 5 days i had to stop them. I couldnt cope with the side effects. Everythibg your feelinf is normal meds make you feel worse before they make you feel better. Hang in there.