PDA

View Full Version : Metronidazole- feeling terrible

silver_shoes
08-04-16, 23:35
Sorry for posting again :( I have been unwell recently with a viral illness which gave me an absolutely horrendous cough; I am pleased to say that the cough is a lot better than it was.. although it has given me a horrible 'lump in the throat' feeling, I am not too worried about this as I know it's just all the coughing I have been doing, flaring up my acid reflux (even though I am on Omeprazole) and I had Globus a few years ago which an ENT doctor diagnosed so I am trying not to get anxious about this.

As well as dealing with the viral illness, I have also got a tooth infection!! I was diagnosed with this over a week ago but only started taking the antibiotics (Metronidazole) the day before yesterday as I felt like I didn't want to be taking them alongside having a viral illness and how rubbish that was already making me feel.

Well I have now started the Metronidazole OMG I feel horrific, sick, very very tired, and constipated. I have had IBS for many years which gives me bloating and palpitations ( I have had it for long enough to know the bloating causes the palpitations) but it's horrendous at the moment. I feel spaced out and a bit off balance when I walk around.

I was given Metronidazole as I am allergic to many other antibiotics so I am going to finish the course - finish them tomorrow lunchtime thank goodness - rather than asking for some different tablets.

Just wondered if anyone else has felt awful on these antibiotics?

countrygirl
09-04-16, 13:51
They are one of the antibiotics well known for causing horrible side effects. Trmethopin is another one of the baddies!

If you can tough it out and remind yourself that the additional symptoms are side effects and not a sign you are about to expire:)
If you really cannot cope with them then go back as you will need some form of antibiotic and just stopping them can cause even worse infection problems.

Hopefully you can hang on until the tablets are finished.

silver_shoes
09-04-16, 20:08
Finished the complete course of tablets at lunchtime today. Really hoping that from tomorrow, I will be starting to feel better!!