PDA

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia or Anxiety/Stress???

giokoll
09-04-16, 05:33
Hi guys, here is my story:
Before some months i was having back pain, which made me really anxious about my health, things i can do, etc...
After MRIs, and exams like that, nothing was found. I went to a psysiotherapsit and told me that it might be some Reymatic disease, or Fibromyalgia (nothing about anxiety). After having all tests about Rheymatic diseases and so on, everything was clear.. So then my phovia started, about having Fibromyalgia, and i started feeling many different sympots, hard for me to explain(pain in other areas, bad sleep, some nights couldnt sleep at all, and when in big stress i also have some feeling like burning sensation in my body). I went to a Rheumatologist, and he said i dont have fibromyalgia, and all the symptoms i feel are due anxiety, stress. He mentioned also i have no tender spots, and being a 30 years old male, is also very unlike to have fibro...
After that i started feeling better, but when anxiety triggers, i start have pains, burning sensations, etc... The pain during this period is very intense, and i cantunderstand if pain triggers anxiety, or vise versa...
And for making things worse for me, two days ago my mom was diagnosed by the same doctor for Fibromyalgia. Since then i started having again every symptom of it...
What do you think, can anxiety have the same effects with fibromyalgia, and make me feel the way i do???

mnaha
09-04-16, 05:59
Yes, its anxiety and it can mimic fibro.

sleepymusician
09-04-16, 10:45
I'm exactly the same, getting random pains all over the body. I'm very very certain that it can be caused by anxiety, due to the body's "fight or flight" response...
Sometimes I get pains even when I'm not aware that I'm feeling anxious, but I tend to associate that with the long term stress that my severe anxiety over the past month has caused me.
I'm sure you're fine, anxiety can cause just about every symptom in the book I've heard! We really have it rough :(

giokoll
09-04-16, 13:46
Thank you guys,
I am so confused about the symptoms i have, so ruling out what is causing all these, is a first step to get better...
I am also very stressed, and by googling these symptoms, i just more anxious...

Maria90
14-04-16, 08:27
Hi Giokoll,

I feel for your agony. I have been having the same symptoms and lots more these past months and ive had every test and could not find anything. They keep saying it is stress/anxiety
I am going insane!! These symptoms have destroyed every bit of happiness within me! It consumes my days. I find it hard to work and even go to the gym anymore as fitness is my passion. I have lost interest in all the good things in life and just want to go back to my old self!! :(

Are you taking anything for it?

Lots of love,
Maria

Beckybecks
14-04-16, 10:40
I've had a lot of physical ailments due to anxiety. I have what can only be described as flare ups. One Doctor half heartedly mentioned Fibro, but after doing my research I realused it can't be that. I was told by another Doctor that it has a lot to do with the adrenaline and cortisol our bodies produce. Too much of one, not enough of the other..... So I often feel ill or achey. I'm now taking charge of my own recovery. No drugs. Just supplements and the aim is to get healthy and support my immune system. I take Vit. C, Vit B co, Pantothenic Acid and Magnesium. I walk a lot for exercise, I watch what I eat and I stopped smoking. I'm starting to feel better, inside and out.

giokoll
14-04-16, 19:26
I see, thank you guys for your replies... I realise that i have anxiety, thats for sure... If anxiety can cause so many symptoms, maybe that's the only cause of these feelings... What do you suggest for bring anxiety to normal levels??

Maria90
15-04-16, 00:35
If someone can please answer Giokoll's reply also for me that would be great! Because I know me on it's own is not going to get ridd of this. My system is in overdrive and I need something to calm it.

Josh1234
15-04-16, 16:00
I have pain all over my body, especially in my legs and feet...

giokoll
15-04-16, 18:10
so do you all have checked your symptoms, and found out that these all were from anxiety??

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Even now it is hard for me to believe it lol!! But for me, i can play basketball, go for walking for hours etc with nothing... When i try to relax or get upset, it starts...

Maria90
15-04-16, 23:23
I have been checked. Blood tests, MRI, Neurologist. Everything came back negative. But you can never trusts these doctors!!
My symtoms come on and if I stress my body out in anyway and the symptoms seem worse at certain times of the day...at night I feel better...weird lol