PDA

View Full Version : I cant take it anymore

Jamie123
09-04-16, 21:29
A while (maybe 6 months) back I noticed my left hand felt a little weak when trying to eat as what I was holding was difficult to grip (meat) and i put it down to just that. Now I have noticed one of my hands is much less muscular and its freaking me out does anyone else experience this. The part connecting from the left side of my left wrist to my left thumb when i pull my thumb back the bone us much more visible and I am becoming really scared. It is 100% visible and it is really scaring me that it is very serious someone please help...

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

I can even see a dent on that side of my wrist. SOO WORRIED :(

Worried1234
09-04-16, 21:34
Hi Jamie,

The bone and the debt are part of usual anatomy from what I can tell. If you are right handed you naturally will feel weaker on the left side.

My wrists are shot at the minute from holding my baby in an awkward position-maybe you've been using it more (computer etc) which has caused a bit of weakness.

It doesn't sound like an issue but of course you always pop for a check up if you're worried

Xx

Jamie123
09-04-16, 22:34
The thing is I cant always go to the doctor with all my worries of which there are a lot. I am also freaked out by the doctor as with that everything becomes so real and scary so I dont like going.

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

http://oi46.tinypic.com/331kbrl.jpg
My one is a bit like this picture but less pronounced and on 1 hand. Could this be due to just using my other hand more :( someone please help

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Also when relaxed the dent is not visible.

Worried1234
09-04-16, 22:39
I have that (much less pronounced) when flexing...I think everyone does!

Is there something specific you're worried about having?

In my opinion (as a very non-qualified medic of course) you are completely normal

xx

Jamie123
09-04-16, 22:43
For a while I have been worried about some of the worst diseases from Cancer to Alzheimers (at 19) and have had twitching so im guessing you can guess which disease I am worried about

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

The only reason I am worried is that one hand is less pronounced than the other and I can see a dent. The guy in the picture doesnt have the disease either but he has it in both hands i think.

Worried1234
09-04-16, 22:50
Aww Jamie please don't worry yourself too much-the thing is with a lot of illnesses (like the one you're worrying about) the symptoms are so vague that you or anyone else will be able to say you have at least one symptom at any point in time

You're 19-the overwhelming odds are you are 100% fine

And if you ever did have the misfortune of getting one of these illnesses it really isn't always the end of the world. I speak from experience-a neurological illness hasn't stopped my husband and myself having a baby and planning our future as we were before...

Is there someone at home you can talk to about this?

Hugs xx

Jamie123
09-04-16, 23:05
Thanks a lot for your wonderful replies. I am really sorry to hear about you and your husband. I hope you are well and you have a healthy baby. I really do need to talk to someone as at times even when I am happy I almost feel so pessimistic and look for something to worry about and my overwhelming happiness often leads to looking for problems and being worried. I have a close family member I can talk to usually but I hate contacting them as I feel like I am wasting their time. I am going over tomorrow so can speak to them then. Thanks for caring :)

Fishmanpa
09-04-16, 23:13
I truly hope you can find some help with your worries. I looked at the photo and it's SO apparent you're pushing your thumb up which is accentuating the tendon. You're looking for things to worry about I'm afraid :(

At 19, you should be out living life as opposed to sitting at your computer posting about irrational worries.

I truly hope you take positive steps to recovery.

Positive thoughts

Worried1234
09-04-16, 23:13
We are all good and the little man is absolutely adorable and healthy as anything (touch wood)!

I'm glad you have someone to talk to-I'm hazarding a guess that they will not find you a waste of time at all and will be happy to listen to your worries

If it makes you feel better sometimes I worry that things are going too well and that something must be likely to go wrong again soon (the root of my recent health panics!) but then I remind myself that on the whole most people are healthy and happy and that's normal

If you need to talk any time and you can't get hold of your family person then feel free to message me

Xx

Josh1234
10-04-16, 06:46
Im assuming you're worried about ALS. If you are, after 6 months of symptoms, you'd most likely know if you had it or not. Plus, at your age, its insanely rare. Like a better chance of being struck by lightning.

Jamie123
10-04-16, 14:28
I truly hope you can find some help with your worries. I looked at the photo and it's SO apparent you're pushing your thumb up which is accentuating the tendon. You're looking for things to worry about I'm afraid :(

At 19, you should be out living life as opposed to sitting at your computer posting about irrational worries.

I truly hope you take positive steps to recovery.

Positive thoughts
The picture is not mine and in my case one side is more "fatty" as it seems like it has more skin but the muscle is the same almost as if my left hand is more toned but when not tensed almost no difference

Fishmanpa
10-04-16, 16:19
The picture is not mine and in my case one side is more "fatty" as it seems like it has more skin but the muscle is the same almost as if my left hand is more toned but when not tensed almost no difference

It doesn't matter! All I see is someone trying to validate their fears :( We're asymmetrical by nature. That's all there is to it. I play guitar. My left hand (fretting hand) is more toned and muscular overall. If I make a fist, you can see a big difference between the muscles and tendons in my left vs. right. Again, totally, completely normal... And don't come back with "But I don't play guitar" ~lol~ We have dominant hands, arms sides to our bodies)

Positive thoughts

Josh1234
10-04-16, 18:21
My feet and calves have been twitching for days.