PDA

View Full Version : Blood after pooping

ShaunRyder
09-04-16, 21:52
Ok so my HA has been quite good for a while, but today it has striked hard!

I wiped this morning after going to toilet and there was light red blood on paper, this didn't really worry me as had this before but tonight I have been again and there was blood down the side of the toilet, this was also bright red so i guess it was fresh blood, but I have never had it actually in the toilet before so this has made my HA going mad! I am not worried about it on the paper after wiping but I am going mad that it was around the bowel, I did check my stool and there was no blood in it, but now I think something is really wrong! Has anyone had it like this before?

Hypo
09-04-16, 22:02
Piles or a small tear is the most likely cause.

Red blood from the rectum is fresh and usually means piles or a tear. Dark blood is what we worry about.

Go get yourself some piles cream. Don't strain on the toilet, eat a good diet so your stools are good.

If after a week it keeps happening see your GP, but not because I think it's cancer.

This is very common, see it all the time at work. Of course any blood from the anus needs checking out if it persists but the most common cause without other symptoms really is piles or a small tear from hard stools, or fissures.

Give the cream a week to work and go from there, but right now you have no medical reason to panic :)

Mojo61
09-04-16, 22:02
Oh yes, all the time. Do you have itching around the bottom too? It is almost certainly haemmahroids (sp) if the blood is bright red. It shows the bleeding is coming from low down in the digestive tract, it's dark red blood you need to worry about.

Jamie123
09-04-16, 22:24
Hi Shaun,
I think this should be fine. I have also had blood when wiping. The fact it was in the toilet could be just due to the fact it was on the stool (maybe the bottom which you didnt see) and it mixed with the water. Im not a doctor but this could be a quite likely possibility.

ShaunRyder
09-04-16, 22:42
Thanks for the reply guys, it was the blood around the inside of the bowl that has worried me and yes it was bright red.

Also yes it feels slightly itchy but not severe.

Thanks Hypo, if it is the same tomorrow I will get some cream.

Also when you saw dark red, how dark? like a blacky sort of red?

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

Actually yes, it has started to become quite itchy! Could this be a tear/cut maybe?

Jamie123
09-04-16, 22:45
I remember reading somewhere that itchiness is a good sign as it means a tear or cut healing but dont quote me on that.

ShaunRyder
09-04-16, 23:41
I have just been again (I think because I am worried so its giving me a funny stomach) but there was no blood but it felt a bit stingy/sore after

Josh1234
10-04-16, 06:43
Hemroids.

Hypo
10-04-16, 10:47
Stingy sore- def a cut or piles.

By dark blood, it's mostly a brown colour.

You just need some pile cream :)

ShaunRyder
10-04-16, 11:42
Thank you Hypo, was not sure what colour to look out for but is definitely a light red, off too get some cream :whistles:

ShaunRyder
07-05-16, 11:29
Ok thought I would post here instead of making a new thread (hopefully someone sees!)

So I've been fine with no blood after pooping pretty much after i made this thread, but today I went to the toilet, I was really desperate to go and the poop came out very fast (sorry about the details) I looked in the bowl and the water was pretty much all red, I wiped and the paper was filled with light red blood but the part which is worrying me is when I looked in the bowl one part of my poop, had light red blood on the top of it!

Could this be when it had dripped on or caught some blood on the way down? Or something to get checked out/???