PDA

View Full Version : could I have tetanus??

LavenderRain
10-04-16, 04:37
Tetanus is what started my hypochondria in the first place after I got a deep cut from a rusty nail sticking out of a board when I was younger and had to get a shot. Ever since then not only has my HA been getting worse every year, but tetanus is one of my main concerns. Earlier today I was walking and a very rusty decaying nail went through my shoe and poked me in the foot. It didn't go through my foot or anything, it barely even punctured my skin but it did go deep enough to bleed a little and leave a small hole like mark. I went home and cleaned the wound but I have been feeling very out of it since then and the area around the spot is very red and it causes a sharp pain if I press on it or walk on it. I don't remember when I last had a tetanus shot but I'm positive I haven't since I was at least 11 and I'll be 21 in 2 weeks.. I'm planning on going to my doctor and getting one within the next few days but some peace of mind until then would be nice.

misslove
10-04-16, 04:54
No you don't have tenanus. That very uncommon these days. Do some research on it and it will ease your mind. It takes a few days to actually effect you. it's not just from a rusty nail. It's a good idea to keep up on the shots just incase.

PanchoGoz
10-04-16, 10:15
I used to have a fear of tetanus! You won't get it like that, it has to be a deep puncture wound.