PDA

View Full Version : Is this really all in my head? Power of the mind?

Hypo
10-04-16, 11:00
How powerful can the brain be?

Worry about my heart and for a week I keep thinking my arm feels tingly. Funnily enough when I'm busy it goes away for a bit.

I keep getting little pains in my arm. If I had to rate the pain out of 10 I would rate it a 1. But it is there, just the odd twinge of pain but it happens often. More of a sensation than a pain.

I keep telling myself this is a warning sign that I'm about to have a heart attack. I used to go up the stairs and not feel out of breath but now I'm worried about being out of breath when I go upstairs I get out of breath. This has happened about 6 times before and when the anxiety goes the being out of breath quickly goes.

Can I have this stupid arm thing for this long? If it was related to my heart by now I would have actually had a heart attack, right?

So how does it work? How does anxiety over symptoms actually make you feel some of the signs of it?

I have read so many threads from people worried about their heart, who has been given the all clear but they still experience arm and jaw pain. Is it possible we imagine it? Or is our mind that clever that when he worry about something so much it actually brings the harmless symptoms on?

tiredofthis14
10-04-16, 11:05
so sorry your suffering too I too am currently having same issues I had arm jaw and chest pain for 8 dats went to hosp given all clear symptoms disapeared ..now im worried about electrical system of the heart and getting constant palps its anoying how our minds create it all

Hypo
10-04-16, 11:09
I was thinking of you when I started this post.

How you had the symptoms but nothing wrong with you except anxiety.

Did you ever get an explanation about why the anxiety caused you to have the symptoms?

Did your symptoms go as soon as you were given the all clear?