PDA

View Full Version : are breasts different shape and size wen arms are lifted

Beckie4567
10-04-16, 15:34
I've posted before and probably going to get an angry response again but just wandered if anyone's breasts are different my one is slightly bigger than the other but the small one is a diff shape wen arms are lifted not around the bottom but on the top its asif the skins thinner as there saggy after having kids I'm concerned coz they say changes in shape indicate breast cancer but I don't no if its normal for me as I've only just started checking them.anyone else's different wen arms are lifted .thankyou to everyone who responds.

debs71
10-04-16, 21:48
Yep, mine are...and I haven't even had any kids!

Having kids makes a big difference to boobs, having friends with similar issues that you mention, Beckie. Some of my friends have lost firmness and roundness in their boobs, some had bigger boobs after kids that rapidly got way smaller after breastfeeding, etc....women's boobs are a very random thing.

As I say, I haven't had kids (sadly) but one of my boobs is definitely bigger than the other and sits lower than the other. This is very common, Most women's boobs are different sizes/not symmetrical. Yes, when I lift them they are also different. As far as I know, this is normal as if boobs are not symmetrical with arms down, they won't be with arms up!!

The best way to really KNOW your boobs and any breast changes is by regularly feeling around the breast tissue with your fingers in circles around the nipple, working your way inwards. Breasts have a whole load of NORMAL lumps, shapes and bumps that is just normal breast tissue.

Superworrier
10-04-16, 21:54
Debs71 is giving you the best advice anyone on here could Beckie .
I don't think anyone could really add to that .

What you decribe is normal .

Beckie4567
11-04-16, 07:40
Thankyou for your reply debs just concerning wen all you see these days are adverts for things like this.i think ill still get it checked out for piece of mind I cant feel any lumps or anything ots just shape �� thanks again for your replys

Beckie4567
11-04-16, 12:10
I just find it hard that if its normal and over 100 people have viewed it but not commented.i just wonder why ?

Em.ma
11-04-16, 12:51
https://www.realself.com/question/common-breast-asymmetry-women
Normal

Beckie4567
11-04-16, 12:54
Thankyou for that its reassuring but how do i no what's normal shape change and what's not ? As they say change on shape wen arms lifted which is wen my changes its not the roundness of it its where the stretch is

Leslie735
11-04-16, 13:55
Thankyou for that its reassuring but how do i no what's normal shape change and what's not ? As they say change on shape wen arms lifted which is wen my changes its not the roundness of it its where the stretch is

Hi Beckie! I'm not sure if you and I are dealing with the same thing but here is what is going on with me. I haven't been one to check my breasts that much, I mean I saw them when I'd change and stuff but I never really examined them closely. Anyway, back in January I was doing my hair and I didn't have my top on. I was putting my hair up and noticed something on one of my breasts. I didn't give it too much attention at first but I noticed it. Fast forward a week or so and I noticed it again. This time I checked more closely. I noticed when I lifted up my right arm my right breast changed shape. I noticed a dip when I looked down on the side and when I looked in the mirror a dented line going down the side of my right breast. I freaked out! I went and saw my OB/GYN for my annual check up a week later and she sent me for a mammogram (my first) and an ultrasound. Both tests were clear. I couldn't let it go so a month later I saw a surgeon. He examined my breasts and didn't feel anything and concluded that it was loose skin from having kids (I'm 31 and I have 2 kids, my youngest is 7). That was in March, all through March I still worried just couldn't let it go. So I went back to see the surgeon again just last week and he did another breast exam and said the same thing that when you get older and especially when you have kids your breasts start to go south. He also noticed I have a dip in my breast tissue underneath the skin so he thinks that could be related as well. I notice that when my breasts are cold and my (sorry TMI) my nipples are erect the dip/dent goes away mostly or when I'm getting close to starting my period. I'm not going to lie, I'm still concerned and my anxiety over it is still there but its not as much as it was. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk more.

Beckie4567
11-04-16, 19:03
Hi yes that sounds similar to me I don't have a dent wen I look in the mirror head on buy my right is def dif shape wen I lift my arm up compared to my left.its more saggy than my left so thought that might have something to do with it was your docter concerned at all or referred you ?

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Hi yes that sounds similar to me I don't have a dent wen I look in the mirror head on buy my right is def dif shape wen I lift my arm up compared to my left.its more saggy than my left so thought that might have something to do with it was your docter concerned at all or referred you ?

Fishmanpa
11-04-16, 19:19
was your docter concerned at all or referred you ?

. I couldn't let it go so a month later I saw a surgeon. He examined my breasts and didn't feel anything and concluded that it was loose skin from having kids (I'm 31 and I have 2 kids, my youngest is 7). That was in March, all through March I still worried just couldn't let it go. So I went back to see the surgeon again just last week and he did another breast exam and said the same thing that when you get older and especially when you have kids your breasts start to go south. He also noticed I have a dip in my breast tissue underneath the skin so he thinks that could be related as well.

^It's all right there ^. You were just at your doctor less than two weeks ago and given the "all clear". This is not different or sinister or anything else. Just normal asymmetric boobie after kids stuff.

When's your medication review? Have they put you up to 20mg yet? Have you started therapy again?

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
11-04-16, 19:32
I just find it hard that if its normal and over 100 people have viewed it but not commented.i just wonder why ?

Cos most are not real people but spiders/bots

Beckie4567
11-04-16, 19:48
She felt for lumps I didn't notice the miss shape untill after that.no I was given another 10 after the first month and gota go bk then shel prob up it to 20 .ive got cbt wed starting it up again

Fishmanpa
11-04-16, 19:58
shel prob up it to 20 .ive got cbt wed starting it up again

:yesyes: That's a positive step!

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
11-04-16, 20:00
Thankyou

Superworrier
11-04-16, 20:01
That's good to hear :yesyes:

Beckie4567
11-04-16, 23:11
I think ill still get it checked out it dosnt look right.��

misslove
11-04-16, 23:58
DOctors know what they are doing. If your raising your arms up they are going to look different. You use different muscles on both sides of your body depending on if your right or left handed. Anything that could possibly be wrong with them would have been more of a problem at this point. Just them being different shapes is normal. if they change from the way they are right now then worry. When you give yourself breast exams your only supposto to it once a month so that when there is a change you notice it. Go one month without looking at them and I'd bet that you would forget you had any worries about them. I dare you ;)

Beckie4567
12-04-16, 10:04
Thankyou for your comments its just I've never checked them so I don't no what shud be normal and they say change in shape is bad but I don't no what mine were like if u get me thanks for your comments

Leslie735
12-04-16, 13:06
Thankyou for your comments its just I've never checked them so I don't no what shud be normal and they say change in shape is bad but I don't no what mine were like if u get me thanks for your comments

You're not alone, I'm having the same fear right now. Despite seeing my OB/GYN and a surgeon twice, I still am worried about it. :hugs:

Beckie4567
12-04-16, 14:59
Thankyou for everyone's comments in just guna have to go bk and have it looked at.cant rest.�� there's no actual dent wen I look in mirror just looks wavey from above it that makes sence

misslove
12-04-16, 17:34
Why do you ask for advice when you don't listen to anyone? If you've been to the dr and they said you were fine what makes you think you'll listen a second time? There is no normal when it comes to the what a body looks like. It is what it is and you need to learn to accept that.

Leslie735
12-04-16, 20:13
Why do you ask for advice when you don't listen to anyone? If you've been to the dr and they said you were fine what makes you think you'll listen a second time? There is no normal when it comes to the what a body looks like. It is what it is and you need to learn to accept that.

Wow, that was really insensitive! Do you realize you're on a health anxiety forum? People here have health anxiety and are scared over their symptoms. Its not that easy to get over it, even being reassured by a doctor when you have true health anxiety. If you don't have anything helpful to add, then its probably better you don't respond. You have to remember people behind this posts are truly scared. I know from experience and something like you posted is just not helpful at all and just makes it worse. :shrug:

misslove
12-04-16, 20:43
I'm not trying to be insensitive. People have given a lot of advice and it seems to all be ignored. I understand being scared and myself along with a lot of others on here have tried helping but no matter what was said it doesn't help. What else can be said that would help?

Beckie4567
12-04-16, 21:54
I actually do listen and appreciate every comment made I've always said that.thanx for the support Leslie x

Fishmanpa
14-04-16, 18:42
ive got cbt wed starting it up again

How did the session go? What did you discuss? Did you get any homework?

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
14-04-16, 22:47
Went ok going to a stress course for 6 weeks and guna follow up with her in between

Traceypo
17-04-16, 09:27
Hi Beckie, how are you doing? Reading through this thread, although you still have worries, I'm amazed at your progress, you're doing great, I hope you're proud of yourself.
I also have one breast larger than the other, I attributed it to breast feeding more often from the smaller breast, who knows, but I'm not concerned as I know this is common.
I have one foot slightly bigger than the other, the point is we're not symmetrical.
Well done on your progress, I do think about you often and I know how hard you must have worked to get yourself to this point.
Go see your doctor if it will prevent a spiral, but if you do do that, trust what they say.
Take care hun, xxx

Beckie4567
18-04-16, 11:23
Hi Tracey thankyou for your msg I've gone bk to cbt and started citalopram 10mg weeks ago altho I'm going bk as I started to feel better but then I feel flatter now so I think there going to up my dose to 20mg.im going bk next week for this so going to check the breast thing while I'm there.just to put it to the bk of my mind.thanks for your kinds words in in a better place than I was and hoping to continue to do so x

Beckie4567
19-04-16, 08:53
I've got aching in that boob now :( and in my back which I no I another sign �� just so convinced its bad ��

Leslie735
19-04-16, 18:57
Beckie: I'm sorry you are struggling with this. :( I really know how you feel. From your description, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. But I know, if you are anything like me, that doesn't bring you much comfort. Can you go see a breast surgeon possibly? Maybe they can ease your fears. I'm actually going back to the surgeon I've seen twice already later this week. I want something to prove to me this is nothing. I just cannot let it go and its wrecking my life. I'm praying for you! Message me anytime if you need to talk.

Beckie4567
24-04-16, 08:33
So scared all my shoulders hurting that side just cant shake the fear.don't no weather r its from me lifting my arm up all the time checkin the shape.

Leslie735
24-04-16, 22:24
Its probably from that. When I check a lot my shoulder gets sore.