PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep panicking about a mole!

Lionheartedxo
11-04-16, 00:25
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I'm struggling to sleep at the moment, I've noticed one of my moles has grown bigger in size and started to surface above the skin.
Googled it and apparently this is a sign of melanoma I'm absolutely freaking out, hoping to get a doctors appointment tomorrow or at least the walk-in centre but I'm just so worried what they're going to say. :weep:

Worried1234
11-04-16, 06:49
Aww try not to stress too much, it doesn't necessarily mean anything...

Go get it checked out and I'm sure it will all be ok

Let us know how it goes

Xx

Lionheartedxo
11-04-16, 13:05
Aww try not to stress too much, it doesn't necessarily mean anything...

Go get it checked out and I'm sure it will all be ok

Let us know how it goes

Xx

I saw the doctor today and he is gonna refer me to see a dermatologist as he is worried about it. But I am only in this town for another week and then I go back home as I finish university, so now I am panicking as I wont be able to see the dermatologist and will have to wait months to try and get one back at home :( not sure what to do.

Fishmanpa
11-04-16, 13:17
Call the doctor's office and see if you can get in sooner or see if your doctor can refer you to one closer to where you'll be. Most people complain that their doctors fob them off. Your doctor showed enough concern to refer you so I would pursue getting the appointment.

Positive thoughts

Lionheartedxo
11-04-16, 13:51
Call the doctor's office and see if you can get in sooner or see if your doctor can refer you to one closer to where you'll be. Most people complain that their doctors fob them off. Your doctor showed enough concern to refer you so I would pursue getting the appointment.

Positive thoughts

I tried phoning them afterwards and they said they couldnt refer me to ine newr my home.. I was going to try waiting for the letter to come through and taking it to a gp or hospital in my home town to see if theyd see me there?

Nicole201017
09-07-16, 22:46
How did it go? Did you mange to get an appointment closer to home? Let us know how you got on :)