PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get a rocking motion with their heart? Especially after eating?

mnaha
11-04-16, 04:10
For the last few days I have been getting a rocking motion all over my body from my heartbeat especially after eating. I was wondering if anyone else has this and if so is it anxiety ? I have been checked so many times for heart issues and nothing found but last time I was checked was seven months ago. Any help would be appreciated.

netminder1976
11-04-16, 17:23
Are you talking like you can see your heart beat in your chest and stomach? I have that all the time now but it does seem to worsen after eating. I think it's just the fact that we're concentrating on every little thing our body is doing.

Fishmanpa
11-04-16, 17:47
I think it's just the fact that we're concentrating on every little thing our body is doing.

^^That right there^^ We're living beings, our bodies move with every breath, beat of our heart, blink of an eye, our eardrums move with every sound (even when asleep) etc. Unless we're deceased, we're moving in some shape or form all the time.

Positive thoughts

mnaha
11-04-16, 21:05
Are you talking like you can see your heart beat in your chest and stomach? I have that all the time now but it does seem to worsen after eating. I think it's just the fact that we're concentrating on every little thing our body is doing.

I hope you are right. I have had anxiety all my life and never experienced this feeling. Also I have had a drop in pulse pressure about the same time. I checked online and many people seem to report this and can't find out why but others are found to have a heart condition. Much like what Fishmanpa was telling a guy anxiety anxiety anxiety to a 28 year old guy on here. Turns out he had a bad value even though he conceded to fishmanpa that he did indeed have anxiety but the bad heart value caused the anxiety.

Sometimes our bodies really does know but hope you both are right in this situation. I don't think anything can change in seven months but I don't know for sure. My wife is betting on it being anxiety too because the doctors all said no heart problem, but with us moving 2000 miles away and having to drive all that way and having to be very physically active after not being for months and months and months, I was just worried something might have changed..Hopefully not and its just anxiety .

Fishmanpa
11-04-16, 21:11
Michael,

People get sick. Even people with anxiety get sick. That being said, in your 61 years, have you ever been right about what you feared vs. the reality?

Positive thoughts

mnaha
11-04-16, 21:27
Actually , I can't remember being right ...Hopefully never will be and hate wasting my time worrying when there is a big beautiful world out there to enjoy. Fishmanpa, I just hate the worry and not knowing but suppose there is nothing in this life that is for sure so I guess I have to deal with that.

I guess at 61 I feel very vulnerable and unsure and that feeling is so unnatural for me. I wasn't trying to say anything bad Fishmapa ,just pointing out that it happens and I have seen other places the person thought it was just anxiety too and they too had something wrong with the heart. I meant no harm.

I think very highly of you FMP and well like I said I just had noticed that and wanted to mention it since most people always chime and and say anxiety and it has a lot of people to understand anxiety can cause so many symptoms but you are correct in saying people with anxiety do get sick too.

I am sorry if I offended you , it wasn't meant that way , Its just that the other person said anxiety and you copy and pasted the same response as hers.. But suppose I deserve that as yes I don't remember ever being right and well hopefully I won't be.

I know that I have seen this topic on here about the rocking heart but have searched and can't find the threads. It seems lots of times yes it could be caused by anxiety but there are many other causes for it to. In all my life of having anxiety I am pretty sure I have never experienced this symptom but it could be because I lost lots of weight to and am getting pretty thin also have been moving alot lately and also very stressed so ,its probably all it is .I just wanted to see if anyone else that has talked about it in the past could share their experience with me. Sorry again FMP..and thanks for responding. take care

Fishmanpa
11-04-16, 21:40
No offence taken whatsoever! I'm not a doctor but I do have some real life experience when it comes to heart issues and cancer. Of the tens of thousands of posts I've read, I know of two people that actually realized their fears and guess what? They're doing fine... in fact, their anxiety has taken a back seat since their experience. They have daily challenges as I do and are handling it well.

The thing is, don't wait until something serious happens physically (and we all will face it one day) to realize how precious life is. Don't allow anxiety to steal one more minute of your life! You have to get to the point of being able to tell it to piss off! Let's face it, we're both at the age where we're in the downhill stretch of our lives and we should enjoy every bit of it :)

Positive thoughts

mnaha
11-04-16, 22:01
You know as I read your post .. I think we are all so grateful that you are here and helping us through everything and that you do in fact have real life experience with two of the things that lots of us worry about. Also you are so kind about being supportive and helping deflect anxiety and make us feel stronger by reading your supportive post. It helps me a lot. I have beat this so many times and yet it comes back but I am sick of it making me waste my life.

We are on the downward slope of life and I do want to enjoy it and I am so trying to do so. This move down to be with the children is one of the hardest things I have ever done and it shouldn't be, it should be fun and like an adventure like it has been in the past. I so hope I can muster the strength and courage to tell anxiety to piss off like you said. No one deserves to waste a moment of their time suffering unimaginable horrors that aren't even real. Thanks for being here and being supportive and rallying us to beat anxiety and for your experiences you share with us. Thanks again. Michael

bartin
12-04-16, 08:56
Mnaha, what do your meals look like? After a large meal, a lot of blood goes into the gastrointestinal tract, so less blood is available for other organs and you heart may perceive this as a lack of blood and starts pumping more.

Anyway, pounding heart accompanied by a sudden drop of blood pressure ("low pulse pressure") occurs before fainting, so what you are experiencing may be some sort of pre-fainting events.

mnaha
13-04-16, 06:13
Mnaha, what do your meals look like? After a large meal, a lot of blood goes into the gastrointestinal tract, so less blood is available for other organs and you heart may perceive this as a lack of blood and starts pumping more.

Anyway, pounding heart accompanied by a sudden drop of blood pressure ("low pulse pressure") occurs before fainting, so what you are experiencing may be some sort of pre-fainting events.

No don't think that is what it is at all. I read about that and its very rare. I have seen so many people online that have this and they haven't passed out or even talked about it. Nope I think its something that most anxious people notice and nothing sinister at all. Anywho.. thanks anyway .. maybe someone will notice my post and say "oh yes I get this too and I have been checked for everything" because all you have to do is do a search for rocking of my body by heartbeat ...and there are probably just as many reporting it as are lymph nodes and suspicious cancers etc.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

I think I found it here.....http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-35156.html