PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety....scared of MS

Alison31
11-04-16, 10:01
Hi all. Im driving myself insane recently. I have so many sumptoms and ive been told by 2 doctors its anxiety but i cant see how anxiety would cause all this.
My symptoms:
Tingling in left foot
Tingling left-hand
Left hand feels like i want to keep tensing it
Pains shoot through hands
Leg muscles ache
Eyes feel weird (had full eye test all fine)
Slightest touch on legs or arms sometimes really hurts
Tingling in tip of tongue off and on
Buzzing in head
Shakes
Twitching toes and other muscles
Feel dizzy and spaced out
Feel like im not with it
Chest hurts and can be tender to touch
Hot sensations in arms

The docs said anxiety and i got so dizzy last week ended up in A and E my arm felt weak. Had full bloods. ECG. and s basic neuro test i.e follow with my eyes. Could i feel her stroking legs etc and all fine.
Ive convinced myself its MS. Im so down. I have a lot of other stress at the mo, i had a baby 12 weeks ago, we have got to move in 3 weeks and the council want to put us in temp housing 50 miles away, im going through a court battle with a dodgy garage about my car.
I feel rubbish and just cant see how the symptoms can all be anxiety.

Momaof2
11-04-16, 11:37
After giving birth to my child ( 10 days later) I would wake up with really painful and tense forearms and it was all down to anxiety... you just gave birth recently 3 months is nothing you need to rest trust me I been there... and have a word with your GP I did talk about my worries with my health visitor who referred me to a counselling association that deals with motherhood issues like anxiety and depression... don't give up and be strong

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Also I was very very dizzy (bloods were fine) couldn't concentrate....it was a hard place to be but trust me it ll get better... I never thought anxiety would do this to me and it was a surprise as I never had it after my first pregnancy.... it is anxiety believe your doctors because that's what it is ..

Josh1234
11-04-16, 16:09
They can usually detect MS with an eye exam.

ss2016
11-04-16, 16:47
Have you gotten some basic blood work done? Being that you just had a baby I am sure your hormones are out of wack and will normalize at some point. It sounds like anxiety to me.

Thyroid
B12
Vitamin D
Iron/Ferritin

You could be low on the vitamins and thyroid disease can cause a lot of issues, which include anxiety and depression. I have graves disease and treated it with radio active iodine and now I am hypothyroid.