PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with panic attacks and OCD at a wedding

GingerFish
11-04-16, 11:53
Hi guys, hope you are all keeping well. I'll try and keep this as brief as possible but I haven't been on for a while and a few things have happened in the mean time. Sorry for not being on, my OCD, panics and physical health have all been up and down lately. Therapy so far has been a disaster and I'll update my therapy thread explaining all that jazz and I've been busying helping my mum with her upcoming wedding.

So my mum and stepdad are finally getting hitched on Wednesday, 2 days away. They have had it planned for about 7 months and thankfully, my papa and my stepdad's health have been ok lately. My stepdad's Parkinson's hasn't worsened noticeably and seems to be ok on his new meds.

Up until maybe a week or so ago, I felt nothing but excitement about the wedding. I designed my mum's cake, I am walking her down the aisle with my papa, I am her only bridesmaid etc but for the last week or so, I still feel excitement as its the first wedding I have been to but also very high anxiety, quite a few panics, increase in OCD (in particular magical thinking and not the usual contamination obsessions for once), DP/DR, getting hee haw sleep (that is the worst part) and generally just feeling like crap mentally and physically.

I guess I am just looking for tips on how to remain calm on the day and how to remain as calm and as relaxed as possible in the couple of days left. I got 2 hours sleep last night as I had a few JD and cokes at night as we are all in party mode and that was my bad I admit because booze always keeps me up and caffeine before bed is a no no but even still, All night I had constant butterfly and dread feeling in my stomach and I kept running to the toilet, I was so restless and agitated etc. I managed to get 3 hours sleep at around 7am and woke up with a panic attack and I am still feeling a bit meh from it.

The first thing I can do to help myself is cut out drink until the wedding day. I can have a smoothie until then or something as booze only keeps me up.