PDA

View Full Version : Abnormal Blood Tests

TerryW
11-04-16, 12:10
hello there

i recently went to the doctors to see my GP for a strange vibration sensation
in my foot. this has been and still is ongoing kind of like a mobile phone in your foot on vibrate. i explained this to the doctor and he wanted to perform some blood tests. the blood tests covered pretty much everything i phoned up today to get my results and the receptionist said i had to speak to the gp about them as some where abnormal. when the gp called she told me that my full blood count and profile and thyroid tests had shown abnormal but its that borderline that she considers them to be normal and no further action needs to be taken.
no im sitting here worrying why its borderline and not in a normal range im besides myself with worry my anxiety side says theres got to be more to this
but my logic side says to trust the gp and if they think its nothing to worry about then dont worry

also about the original reason i went in there my foot they have put it down to a compressed nerve or anxiety and told me ether way its nothing to worry about

Annoyed
11-04-16, 12:53
Congratulations. You have normal blood tests because a doctor said they are normal. The doctor interprets what is normal, not you.

The blood tests have a range determined by standard deviation. 5% of the entire population do not fall perfectly within that range on a normal day. Tiny changes in your body can make you fall out of either end of the range.

Also some results being out of the range are entirely meaningless. RDW which is on every CBC is always low for me. It triggers as abnormal. It means nothing, other than my red blood cells are all very uniform in size. Now if I had anemia, that would mean something. Without, it means nothing. I've had my RBC be too high before. I've had my WBC be too high 4 times. I had my Neutrophils be high.

If you're not a doctor, don't interpret the tests. You're normal.

countrygirl
11-04-16, 13:35
The tuning fork vibration syndrome is what I call it. I first had it 30 years ago in my left leg, every few seconds it felt like someone had hit a tuning fork ( the days before mobiles even existed!). It lasted 6 mnths and I thought I had every neuro disease going. Then it went away but comes back occasionally.
Its like the muscle twitches that come and go. Whenever i get a twitch it lasts months as well.
The first time I had the vibration with hindsight I had sat on a bench with a cold wind blowing on back of my leg for hours watching a show and this started a few days later so it was probably nerve irritation.
Anxiety can def produce same symptoms though as my friend many years ago felt as if her whole body was vibrating and it was purely anxiety.

TerryW
11-04-16, 14:24
Thank you for your replies very reassuring
I know more than lightly its nothing but anxiety always puts that seed of doubt in you

Holds1325
11-04-16, 23:30
Anything could complicate blood tests, did u drink enough water that day? How was your rest level? Did you exercise? Was it a sunny day?

I wouldn't put too much effort into worrying about bloodtests, if it bothers you too much perhaps get a good nights rest, hydrate and after a week of doing that then test again.

Josh1234
11-04-16, 23:35
omg! I have had buzzing/twitching/vibrating in my feet the last week or so and its driving me insane.

Cusper
12-04-16, 05:17
I had the same thing, only it wasn't in my leg it was in my lower abdomen. It lasted about a week or so and then it went away. It kind of felt like my phone was going off.