PDA

View Full Version : Scalp freckle?

helenhoo
11-04-16, 14:17
I do and I'm sure it's been there for ages.

I'm very hypersensitive and fear melanoma.

I have taken tests and I'm low risk despite having Moles. I stay out the sun, haven't had a blistering sunburn and am dark featured (hair and eyes).

It's distracting me from work, someone I know had Mm on her head. She's fair blue eyed and ginger and younger than me. Her description doesn't sound like mine.

My boyfriend has Said it doesn't look worrying.
My mom has said my hair is too thick and dark (really?)

I feel sick.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

I know I'm posting but I delete old ones.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Nursr has told me it's just a freckle and the moles I was worried about are also just freckles. Said I should check every so often but no reason to worry whatsoever

Hypo
11-04-16, 19:03
Why delete old ones though?

If it's the same thing what is the point?

What else can anyone say. Not just on this forum but the other one as well.

You know you need to stop seeking reassurance, so why aren't you at least trying to lessen the amount you seek?

You have had the reassurance from people in real life. What more do you need? What difference can we make? If we all reassure you are you going to believe us and walk away or are you going to post tomorrow with the same fear or another one? You know the answer is that you won't be reassured.

helenhoo
11-04-16, 20:19
I can't check whole scalp as I have thick brown hair. I hate o imagine something's there I can't see

Josh1234
11-04-16, 20:35
Why delete old ones though?

If it's the same thing what is the point?

What else can anyone say. Not just on this forum but the other one as well.

You know you need to stop seeking reassurance, so why aren't you at least trying to lessen the amount you seek?

You have had the reassurance from people in real life. What more do you need? What difference can we make? If we all reassure you are you going to believe us and walk away or are you going to post tomorrow with the same fear or another one? You know the answer is that you won't be reassured.

cause then she wont be clogging up the forum with 6 threads on the same exact topic, seeking the same exact advice, ignoring said advice, and then making a new thread anyhow.

helenhoo
11-04-16, 20:52
Again josh, what is your story? Have you ever suffered with health anxietyv

Josh1234
11-04-16, 20:59
I do suffer with health anxiety, but I dont feel so entitled as to make a bunch of threads on the same topic and not listen to others advice. People on here are afraid of brain tumors and cancer, and have real symptoms, and you make 10 threads about a stuffed up nose, and then when everyone gives you advice, you make ANOTHER thread on the same topic. I start to think you are trolling this forum, mocking people with actual health anxiety. Why can't you PLEASE just post in one thread about your freckles? WHY?

helenhoo
11-04-16, 21:16
Because I have something new cropping up. The scalp freckle for instance. I'm sure it's always been there but still scared me shitless thinking I have melanona on my scalp.

I'm fighting through thick hair to get a better look at my hair incase I have another lurking. Chances are I do and chances are they too are normal freckles but just like someone who thinks headaches are tumours and dodgy runs are bowel cancer I now worry my freckle is melanomas. IVe feared everythig you mention but my anxiety manifests horribly in something new each week, sometimes two thigs a day sometimes! I come to this site as diary, as a panic outsource because as much as I'm annoying you I'm annoying family and boyfriend.

What's this?
Is this normal?
Feel this?

Taking photos of my scalp just before I replied to this much to my moms annoynace.

So no, I'm not trolling. To you a post about freckles is silly and time wasting but to me it's seeking reassurance and isnt working. I even had a nurse tell me how normal this was and how I shouldn't worry whatsoever yet here I am.

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

And that's what annoys me. Beleive me.

But as I haven't had therapy yet I can't control my thoughts. Or calm self Down. Day after my sinus thing I worry about my freckles. I don't want this!

MyNameIsTerry
11-04-16, 22:52
I do suffer with health anxiety, but I dont feel so entitled as to make a bunch of threads on the same topic and not listen to others advice. People on here are afraid of brain tumors and cancer, and have real symptoms, and you make 10 threads about a stuffed up nose, and then when everyone gives you advice, you make ANOTHER thread on the same topic. I start to think you are trolling this forum, mocking people with actual health anxiety. Why can't you PLEASE just post in one thread about your freckles? WHY?

So, it's about the size of the fear? Unless it's brain tumor or cancer, it's unworthy?

That's not how anxiety works at all. And no, those people don't have actual symptoms of brain tumor or cancer either!

My GF's mum has terminal lung cancer. I know others with cancer, some terminal. I don't get offended by anyone on here panicking over their perception of cancer.

A great majority of my GAD & OCD is based on trivial issues. All anxiety is the same in terms of the impact to the person. It's completely irrelevant what the subject is and whether someone is fearing a benign issue or a terminal one, it's the same. The person is not in the situation and so the condition does not make it the same.

Sense of entitlement? And you think HA about cancer is more worthy?

Explains to me why you found amusement in a long term member's worry, and he has always been respectful to others on here.

Elen
12-04-16, 08:37
Admin is dealing with this so please no arguments on the thread thanks