PDA

View Full Version : Impending holiday triggering anxiety?

claramy
11-04-16, 14:35
My partner of 2 years suffers from Anxiety and Panic attacks. Mostly his anxiety is health related.
We have booked to go on holiday/to meet my family and it's a week till we leave. It's about 5 hours in the car and this is a trigger for him. The last 4 times we have planned this trip he has backed out with weeks to go, this is the first time we have gotten this close to it.
There's several things he's anxious about.
Dying in a car accident on the way.
Not being able to eat when he's there (food is a major trigger for him)
Meeting people he's never met
The past week his anxiety has been bad and he's been complaining of random dull pains. Sometimes it's in his stomach sometimes in his legs or back or head or hands.
He's started checking himself all the time convinced he can feel water trickling down his legs and thinking he's had a bowel rupture. I think it's the stress of the trip triggering it but unsure what to do... Do I cancel the trip?
Hes told me there is the very high chance that he will get to the morning we leave and have a panic attack and cancel and tell me to go on my own..... I want him to met my family, I want us to finally have a holiday but I don't want to force him to do something that's triggering his panic... any suggestions or advice?