PDA

View Full Version : Indescribable surreal state

elik
11-04-16, 20:11
I'm terrified, for the last six months I've been stuck in this surreal head space. Completely detached from everything yet hyper sensitive to everything. I've lost my identity and am permanently lost and confused. I'm so isolated to myself and feel miles apart from everything and everyone around me. I'm traumatised by where my head has gone and how intense and lengthy the thoughts and bad States ive been in. I feel so trapped and confused Im living on desperation that I can forget my life which isn't possible. I've tried accepting everything but it's not enough. I've tried so much to help and yet I'm still here suffering..

LiveAboveIt
11-04-16, 20:15
Im going through the exact same thing that you are and I feel trapped inside my head with uncontrollable thoughts about the state I am in, I cant seem to disassociate or completely accept how I feel because it doesnt really stop the unreality or anxious thoughts. Ive certainly improved, but its hard to see the light when you feel so lost and fragile.

Are you on any meds?

elik
11-04-16, 21:25
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you are suffering too. I just feel utterly stuck and so different and alone. It's so bizarre and freaky. It's like I've been tripping out on acid for six months and I've forgotten my way back. Sorry for the example but that's what I imagine this to feel like. I keep myself busy always but something is so so not right I'm almost giving up on the idea of ever being ok. It's frightfully lonely. I'm on sertraline and lithium. How about yourself?

LiveAboveIt
12-04-16, 02:33
Im sorry to hear about your struggles. I tried Citalopram for about 5 weeks, but quit because of a bad reaction.. I was given Sertraline to try but was too afraid of potential cognitive impairment and confusion like I had on Citalopram.. not to mention the increased anxiety for the first few weeks.

My anxiety is on and off sky high, always feeling fragile and apprehensive. My thoughts are very anxious and totally fixated on the way I feel. Cant get away from my anxious thoughts and it causes me to panic. Not fun at all. What has your experience been on Sertraline?

elik
12-04-16, 09:03
Sertraline has been my most long running drug and have been taking it for nearly seven years. It is just starting to wear off hence the introduction to lithium. I have had a couple of wobbles worh sertraline with anxiety but it's held off a lot with it too.