PDA

View Full Version : Red painful blotches on inner part of thigh, just stopped birth control

TheRoyalGeek
11-04-16, 23:12
Hello,

I was taking a low dose birth control and was on it for 2 months until I couldn't handle how painful my underarms were, especially the left side including breast and nipple (which my doctor said I'm ok). But I noticed for almost a month now I have had this red blotch clusters on my inner thigh. Before my thigh just hurt with no marks, now it's noticeable. It's not like a bruise and the pain seems to come and go. Of course I Googled and it listed a bunch of reasons as to why I could have this. Thankfully birth control was one of them, but there were others including Cancer that have me freaking out. It's bad enough I have Fibromyalgia so I am always in pain. I did have my physical a few months back (it was when I got the pills) and my blood work was all good. And also for the past 2 years I have had CT and MRI on my head, jaw and neck, x ray of my chest, and numerous blood tests to understand why I have chronic pain including my headaches and they were all fine, I'm "healthy". But I'm still worried because you know "what if they missed something".

I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this when taking birth control as a side effect? They call it Erythema nodosum, though I'm not sure that's what it is as I need to go see a doctor. I just hate feeling the need to run to a doctor every time.

Nicholebear
13-04-16, 21:42
When I first started BC I got the hive-looking patches between my thighs. I deduced that it was simply heat rash from sleeping on my side with my legs pressed together. Maybe the hormones make the skin more susceptible to that. Only happens in the summer when it gets kinda hot in my room. Maybe that's the problem?

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Oh and they're itchy too