PDA

View Full Version : Omg I googled Tuberculosis

phil06
12-04-16, 02:08
I'm worried about my night sweats after battling flu some of the symptoms are flu like and I was never vaccinated for it is it flu I think the sweats passed before not the first time I had them but been worried about my flu see other thread below my health anxiety is kicking in nobody is getting back to me what if it's tb and i don't know? Would I know? If it passes am I safe by then? Help! :ohmy:

---------- Post added at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 ----------

http://www.thetruthabouttb.org/do-i-have-tb/

So worried I must be doomed nobody believes my symptoms I mean I had many with previous flu but what if my cough or no appetite is tb ? Am I over worrying here?

It says in Google someone with an active flu can pass tb on with a cough omg :ohmy:

In Google some say these symptoms are similar to flu ones how can I not fear? It's confusing

---------- Post added at 01:52 ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 ----------

I have a cough but no blood. Only blood is if I blow my nose still got the green flu gunk. Flu signs first came a week and 2 days ago it for worse but better appetite back slightly.

---------- Post added at 02:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 ----------

Ok maybe I am being a bit over the top as I have been feeling better just the fact I'm not better overnight i will worry like this until every symptom goes

misslove
12-04-16, 03:54
Sounds like what my daughter brought home from school a few weeks ago. Started with a low fever, pure exhaustion then that went away and then we got a lot of phlem. Doesn't sound like you have anything more then a chest cold. Take some medicine, you can ask the pharmacist on what you should take for your symptoms. When your sick you body will try to swear out the sickness and you naturally sweat in your sleep so try to relax and get some rest. Drink plenty of water and sleep.

MyNameIsTerry
12-04-16, 04:52
It's common to have the flu for a period like this. Even colds can last longer than a week.

TB of the lungs (the most contagious type) is normally only spread after prolonged exposure to someone with it. Even then our own immune systems can cope with stopping it, otherwise it's going to mean multiple antibiotics over a 6 month period but only if it develops and spreads.

It's much more common to have colds/flu. And you are seeing it get better which is a good sign that your immune system is beating it. So, give it more time and keep doing what you are doing.

Even if it were TB, which I doubt, it would be very treatable.

Traceypo
12-04-16, 07:24
How old are you Phil? I was immunised against tb when I was at school.

phil06
12-04-16, 09:46
How old are you Phil? I was immunised against tb when I was at school.

Im 27 I hate needles so never wanted the jab my big phobia that I heard they don't do a jab as tb has declined not sure if it's true.

I'm just panicing about the night sweats the sheets are smelling again I hear sits a flu symptom I obviously got it bad this time.

I don't get the health anxiety as much but when something is pro longed and I google I can be quite bad and worry..

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

It's common to have the flu for a period like this. Even colds can last longer than a week.

TB of the lungs (the most contagious type) is normally only spread after prolonged exposure to someone with it. Even then our own immune systems can cope with stopping it, otherwise it's going to mean multiple antibiotics over a 6 month period but only if it develops and spreads.

It's much more common to have colds/flu. And you are seeing it get better which is a good sign that your immune system is beating it. So, give it more time and keep doing what you are doing.

Even if it were TB, which I doubt, it would be very treatable.

Well I read weight loss and more tiredness with tb and for 3 weeks (don't think I have those symptoms) so you think I would feel a notch worse maybe? Just the longer flu doesn't clear up it could mean it's worse I know that means like severe and for many weeks or even worse symptoms.

Just the sweats thing made me worry in Google it means all sorts of nasty stuff even the NHS website :blush:

Traceypo
12-04-16, 16:05
I'm 36, I had the immunisation but I know they did stop it due to decline.
My stepdaughter had latent tb, she caught this from her friends mum who at the time had active tb (unbeknown to her at that time). Both have fully recovered after a lengthy course of medication.
Latent tb can lie dormant in your system but is easy to detect with the 'six pricks'.
Her symptoms were a terrible cough for months.
If you are very concerned about this then discuss it with your gp, please remember though that this is very treatable.
Xx