PDA

View Full Version : who twitches for long time and where the twitches occurs more?

lilipoot
12-04-16, 12:06
hello i really like to know what causes this kind of twitches i first exprience it on agust 2014 when i had a big fear of ms i was put on citeloperam i searched google and read any story about twitches and relating to *** ugly desease then i felt panick attack i was hurry to my dr office he took an emg for peace of my mind it was clear my twitches was so few that time i was comfort for a short time then again my obssesive taught starts i quited citeleperam and switched to ascentra my dr laughed at me swear its noting so important then i had enother emg 3 months later and it was nothing to after that time i had twitching more like bubbles bursting any where more in my tigh and knee location my hip my arm and my lips i was anxiouse but i try to ignore them because my wedding was near i tried hard to live without concern althogh i had it any where more than before after any walk or just when i was for sleeping my wedding party was over and i felt less worry and stress then i saw that after many months there wasnt any weakness althogh i felt more tired i felt shakiness on each of my muscles but after checknig eachtime by my neurologist i forgeted and i was better altough i had anxiety more i noticed my twitches became less ,i felt it was over i mean my mnd fear but now for just 2 months my obssesive thaught begun again i had a long swallow problem and stomach problem then i noticed twitching on my stomache and my shoulder on back then my arms twitches then tighs and hips and calf the most one on my elbows and knees location im going to become crazy because of my new symptems "twitching above my left ear"my reflexes as my neurologis told was normal he sayd its nothing i want to kill him :roflmao: so if its nothing what is the cause what is the scientific reason for sth like taht its real i feel them they say twitching on eye is sth stress ralated but muscle twitching that is making you anxiouse more and more is stress related too?:lac::weep:

countrygirl
12-04-16, 22:25
I have twitched for over 30 years. I rarely have a day where i don't notice a twitch. I usually get a twitch in one place that can last for months. Literally anywhere on my body can twitch. I have had plenty of tests over the years and never any neuro disease found. I was told that twitching in nasty neuro diseases is almost always a later symptom and you would have alot of more serious symptoms first. Twitching with no neurological deficit is almost always benign.

lilipoot
14-04-16, 04:56
hello country girl thank you for your answer im like you as you said i have it any where im afraid withh all of that information

Regnardgreeb
14-04-16, 08:45
The reason why pretty much all neurologists will tell that twitches are a later (as in secondary) symptom in MND is because of disconnected pathways. When signals (electrical impulses) can't get through and instruct a muscle to flex, it will begin to disappear rather quickly. Although when that starts to happen, the muscle has already been inactive for some time, meaning weakness. The twitches begin because of neurons dieing (cells that can pass signals from its dendrites through its axon). Actually to be more specific it's the lower motor neurons that directly can tell muscles to flex, which travel through the spinal cord. Upper motor neurons, that reside in the motor cortex or brain stem, communicate with the lower motor neurons, for instance give start and stop signals).

In short, twitching start as a result of weakness. That's why neurologists probably will tell this.

Note, I'm not a physician nor a doctor. Just interested in physics and biology as an hobby :)

Btw, I have twitching myself. It started after two major panic attacks and severe anxiety. They seem only to happen when my mind is concious about the calves (or any other part) when I'm doing something, and always during rest and seem to get worse if I've been exercising and more stressed.

Kayla1992
16-04-16, 08:48
I have been getting twitching in my throat that has been scaring me :( It is like the far back of my tongue/ back of throat. Its almost like that lump in throat feeling but pulsing at the same time. It lasts a few seconds and then is gone for a while. I feel it on and off during the day. is this a normal thing? I have only noticed it for the past few days and don't think I have felt it before...

Scaredme
16-04-16, 12:02
I've been twitching in my calves for 2 months now, and going insane about it. Constant buzzing, and when I look at them, I see small twitching going on. It triggers anxiety all the time!

Josh1234
16-04-16, 15:10
me too, scared.

lilipoot
01-05-16, 05:08
thank you all i hate reading any thing about motor neurons really reading the whole thing or any thing abot mnd makes frighten more but thank again

Josh1234
01-05-16, 17:49
stay off MND websites, they only make you worse.

percythetrain
11-05-16, 22:55
stay off MND websites, they only make you worse.

Yup, that's great advice. Probably the best :)

Hard to follow but great. I used to have severe twitching all over my body for about 6 months last year. Then it disappeared altogether (for another 10 months or so) and has now started again. This is probably not the pattern of a serious disease but I still can't help but worry and look things up :weep:

Lifelonganxiety!
11-05-16, 23:31
I've twitched for years, since I was a teenager. They come and go, or stay for months or years. My foot arches and calves twitch all day, every day, for 20 years.

If you're going to research anything, then research benign fasciculation syndrome. You'll find pretty much all of your symptoms can come about from this relatively common and obviously benign syndrome. It can cause fatigue, twitching, you name it.

Nicholebear
12-05-16, 04:18
In 2014 during the peak of my anxiety I had what felt like a vibrating vein in my left inner thigh. Imagine having a tiny cellphone there that would vibrate every two seconds. Eventually it went away. Out bodies have a way of glitching whenever we put too much stress on ourselves. It truly sucks:(