PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Ellisfirestone
12-04-16, 13:59
I am Bill a 48 year old male with lifelong anxiety. Talking therapies never worked for me but alcohol certainly did. I recently detoxed from alcohol due to severe and dangerous withdrawal symptoms . I was offered support and drugs to reduce alcohol craving . But this time I decided to deal with the real issue, which is anxiety and maybe underlying depression. I have been taking propranolol which works well to control physical anxiety and today took my first Citalopram, besides an upset tummy I feel OK.

I have been successful in life, in terms of education, career etc and people always think I am very confident. I have shocked a lot of people recently by telling them I have crippling anxiety and have had a drink problem . I kind of feel better just giving up the pretence .....well , that's me

venusbluejeans
12-04-16, 14:04
Hiya Ellisfirestone and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
13-04-16, 00:45
Ellisfirestone I hope this evening continues to find you well. I was reading your post and I will say that like yourself I surprised a lot of people. Bearing this burden all by yourself isn't fun, but I've learned that trusting my family and friends has been a great relief. Best to you on your journey, NMP has some great resources and friends that understand our situation.

Ellisfirestone
13-04-16, 10:22
Thanks for the replies....