PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

Ellisfirestone
12-04-16, 14:23
Took my first Citalopram this morning 20mg. I was scared to take them because of side effects , but besides an upset stomach there doesn't appear to be any . I am taking then for anxiety....anyone else trying them?

ss2016
12-04-16, 14:33
Hi...you might want to post in the medication section. I am on Citalopram too and a few of us are sharing are journey along the way. :)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Lisah34
13-04-16, 19:07
I had an awful experinance on them and gave up after 5 days. They made me so ill couldnt eat or sleep for a week. But not everyone is the same others have had a great experinance on them

.Poppy.
14-04-16, 00:57
I'm not on citalopram, rather escitalopram. 20 mg daily. I was scared of side effects too, especially as a huge chunk of my anxiety is HA related, but really it's not been so bad. I had a bit of nausea, some digestive stuff (TMI but pooing more often, smaller amounts), and heightened anxiety/anxiety over different things. I've also had moments where I'm really, really thirsty but that's just been the past few days and I'm not sure if it's med related or not.

As for efficacy, it's only been a couple of months and I'm also on a low dose of clonazepam which does help. But I do think I'm improving overall

So.....I was terrified of side effects and they ended up being next to nothing. The nausea was the hardest as I panic when I think I'm going to throw up, but I managed.

I'm still nervous about weaning off WHEN the day comes, but I'm trying to take things one day at a time.