PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know....

Nicki22
07-03-07, 14:22
Anyone know what Community Occupational Therapy is ?
I got a letter this morning sayin Following my referral they have arranged an appointment to come out to see me at home on the 30th march...and i was wonderin what sort of therapy it is....hope someone can be of help in givin me a little advice thanks x

debbsi
07-03-07, 14:36
Hi
I work in Occupational therapy (OT) but within a hospital, but I can tell you about its role in the community. Basically OT is about empowering people to overcome disabitliy (physical or mental, temporary or permanent) and regain their independance.
Do you know why you have been referred, is it through mental health or physical?
If you let me know I can then explain a bit more about what its about or point you to online info about it. I work in physical OT and so that is my speciality and I dont really know a lot about the mental health side.

Nicki22
07-03-07, 15:29
ive been referred with mental health....it would be good if anyone could give any advice on this as im really worrying about it thanks x

debbsi
07-03-07, 15:37
Hi
Dont worry they are there to help you overcome your problem, whatever it may be. Whereas I cant tell you what they will do as it will depend on you as an individual. I can give you a link to the college of occupational therapists website which has information for the general public. Try not to worry this is a step forward and us who work in OT are reall nice people!!!!
http://www.baot.co.uk/newpublic/otandme/intro.php

Piglet
07-03-07, 15:39
Let us know how it goes Nicki.

Piglet :flowers:

Nicki22
07-03-07, 15:50
thanks for that hun xx im sure they are all nice people is the fact that im suffered for so long now im scared to face my problems...thanks again for the link hun....and yeh sure piglet ill be sure to post on how im gettin on with it xx