PDA

View Full Version : Please help

ella32
12-04-16, 18:23
I had the camera down stomach thing yesterday and I didn't have sedation or throat spray so spent most of it retching . The third time they put air in I got an intense pain in around right rib area around the back and ever since its been uncomfortable to eat because its actually hurting me in that area when I eat. Could it be trapped air or something im trying not to panic with it but its very hard not too.

Holds1325
12-04-16, 18:45
Hi,

Could be trapped air or it might've dinged something, have you made this known to your GI? I'd highly recommend mentioning this as they might want to make sure everything is fine.

Also the Upper Endo is very invasive so it will be uncomfortable for a few days, try sucking on ice chips in the meantime as that tends to help people.

Otherwise, if you can, ring your GI's office and let them know how you feel if it keeps bothering you.

ella32
12-04-16, 18:48
Thanks. I tried ringing the day ward today to speak to someone but there was no answer. Its getting to me now .x

Holds1325
12-04-16, 18:54
I think worst case scenario it might've scrapped against something and that could cause an infection but that is not really serious and since you're not complaining of a fever I HIGHLY doubt that but still, keep ringing them until you get through, if not I'd go into an ER or A&E just to make sure.

Other than that the upper endo like I said is very invasive and will cause discomfort for a little while.

If you don't mind me asking, was this just a basic check or was there a reason why they wanted to perform this test?

ella32
12-04-16, 18:59
They did it because I keep getting chest pains and heart tests have come back normal so doc said it could be stomach causing it but its not cause stomach is fine they didn't find anything.

Holds1325
12-04-16, 20:34
Muscle problems?

I've suffered from OCD/Panic Disorder/HA since a very young age with intermittent relief periods.

When I was a teen I was so terrified of my chest pain. I also worked in a store stacking boxes and stocking shelves, turned out it was my back causing the chest muscle to spasm because it was strained. This also caused alot of short breaths but I got it corrected by being careful and also seeing a chiropractor regularly.

Did I believe it though? NOPE I wanted to think that someday I'd drop dead from a heart problem suddenly. That was over 15 years ago and I'm still here today with an okay heart.

I almost got the ENDO because it happened again but i declined because I knew it was my HA flaring up.

In any case have you gotten through to your GI? Still worthwhile mentioning the discomfort you are experiencing.