PDA

View Full Version : Day 26 on fluoxetine will it get better?

NervousA1
12-04-16, 20:45
Well its day 26, and I am feeling very tired and spaced out... Finding it hard to keep away from my bed! Yet I keep waking up early every day, feel so frustrated.

I take the fluoxetine 20mg every morning, and 10mg citalopram in the evening(tapering off from 20mg citalopram). Feeling disconnected from reality at the moment.... Got a medication review this friday, do you think I should carry on taking the fluoxetine? will it get better?

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Not getting much support on this forum...

neileo
12-04-16, 22:47
hi Nervous,

I was in that "zombie" mode with a foggy head for a good few weeks after starting on fluox, but my mood usually picked up in the evening. I'd say as it gets more into your system, your energy will probably pick up. I know it did for me! Prozac is one of, if not the most activating SSRI there is, which is polar opposite from the sedating ones. My big issue early on was terrible nausea but that passed after a few weeks as well.

Just hang in there, you'll have some challenges on this med - just try to keep a positive outlook and KNOW that you will get better. Hope this helps, and you are welcome to join us in 5 week blip thread where we are all comparing notes and misery. :)